• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tough Sunroof Tint!

Savior

CEG'er
I have a serious aversion to the sunroof tint that comes in our cars; it looks like cheap crappy mesh... I was in a friend's Lexus the other day and his sunroof has normal window tint on it so it's nice and smooth and clear.

I was wondering if anyone has ever successflly removed that factory sunroof tint? It feels like it sits on the surface of the glass, but I get the distinct impression that peeling it off would not work; is it applied via heat? Is there some sort of caustic chemical I could use to remove it? Is it possible to scrape it without damaging the glass? I already searched but did not find anything about this mod...

i think your best bet is to go to the junkyard with a razor blade in your pocket and try it out. it may be just paint but im not sure i have onle ever been in one contour with a sunroof and i never "felt" the sunroof lol

the dots are not tint, it is a liquad paint applied to the windo before heat treating, it will not come off, after heat treating it becomes part of the glass. i worked for 4 years in charge of this very product on building glass and auto glass.

My SVT has regular window tint on the sunroof? I would imagine that you could take it to a place and they could do something about it.
That's what i think went on with my SVT.

Back