• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Torsen or Quaife??

not sure if the FR200 is the same as the Focus RS over in Europe but it most defiantely did come with a ATB diff, I watched the top gear(iirc) episode where it was tested and they commented about it.

It was a concept built by Ford Racing to show off the potential of the Focus platform.

0108tur_07zoom+Ford_Focus_FR200_Turbocharger+Passenger_Side.jpg

0108tur_08zoom+Ford_Focus_FR200_Turbocharger+Front_Passenger_Side.jpg

They did a good job on the performance side of it, but IMO, they failed horribly with the appearance.

Well, Tomato... I asked a lot of other ppl not just on here! and they said just stay with the torsen, Only because im not gonna mod my car. So for the money Torsen it is!! But thanks for jumping to conclusions! :laugh:. And i also wanted to know what people on here think of them! (both) So i dont think its a waste of bandwith!

and they said just stay with the torsen, Only because im not gonna mod my car. !

That has nothing to do with it. A torsen can handle anything you can throw at it on a contour platform as far as modding and adding power without a problem. I have had a few of each, and I prefer the torsen. Nuff said.

torsen hands down and they arent discontinued, as far as i know i can still find them all over but it is the EGL so nuff said.

I'd definitely go with the torsen. I put one in when i rebuilt my engine and tranny. I love it and I read that it actually biases 10% more power to one wheel than the quaife. <not sure if that is true>

About the pokemon comment... I CHOOSE YOU FOCUSAUR!!!:laugh:

What final drive gear do you guys recommend if you are changing the diff? I've heard of the focus final drive. but which one?

I'd stick with the duratech final drive unless you are going boost. Not really worth the money or hassle to swap out to a zetec fd and it really won't save you much on gas anyways.

My opinion even though it looks like you've chosen the Torsen, is just that it's what I put in my car. It's a really good diff and from what I understand when a Quaife is installed the housing has to be notched for clearance. Stick with the duratec final drive until you go boosted.

Back