• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Todays adventure.

EDIT: glen, all i'm sayin is if you spent some time in a real NYC club you'd change your tune. You could be all like "i'm not a club person!" but there was a time when i said the same thing. even though i'm semi retired, i've got one more good run in me yet.

but that ridiculous hat won't fly in there.

I'm not saying you guys don't have some nice clubs up there, because if I was I'd be full of crap. I'm just saying if you know where to go down here, you can find some very hot women and some really good clubs.

Which hat? My Russian one? I don't think I've worn that for anything remotely serious. Lol.

I met someone that told me that they were getting 250Hp out of the stock 2.5L with just an intake and exhaust. :laugh: Rob knows who i'm talking about

Wow I really haven't been following this post. Oh well better late then never.

Yeah good ol' Story Time Steve with his beat T-Red E1. That car needs to go to a new home. It's got 250 with 2 bolt on's and no dyno sheet to prove it. I love it when he tries to tell people that he made the "custom" exhaust himself, when in reality my buddy's shop did it and it's just a no named universal muffler welded in with stock piping. The kid is so full of sh*t, I guess that's why he is now a car dealer...:nonono: Pen you sure you didn't make it to IUP and talk to him.:laugh:

I <3 NY!
Chris, I bet you have a nice view of the water from upstairs in your house. :cool:
IDK, if I could live there. Maybe had I grown up there, yes, but I'm from the country.
I can't stand living in the City. I miss my twisty roads, living on a huge hill and less neighbors. I don't live in a bad part of the City, it's fairly quiet here, but I don't really like it. I never had sidewalks and I like it that way. :)

I have this also:
Boroboyleavinghiscans.jpg

If you notice the brake lights are on in the Envoy. He walked right past all those cans (recycling) and is leaving for work. Now you know why I want to "move" the cans. All the other neighbors brought theirs in already.

Last edited:
Went to NYC this past summer when Tammy went to see Madonna @ MSG. We had a blast, but I have never been soooooo scared to drive my car anywhere as I was there. :eek: Noone yields, and the right of way was whoever was faster. The whole time, I just waited for someone to smash into the side of me. :shocked: Subway FTW!:laugh:

By the way, we don't have all that many Mountain Lions around here.:laugh:

Drive in NY? Never. Subway FTW!
You were brave.

i used to have a nice view of the verrazano bridge before they built all those houses across the street. i guess i still do, just have some guys roofline right there as well.

go down 5 blocks and you're on the boardwalk @ south beach. good for running as the sun comes up...and you can watch all the ships out in the water if you're bored.

EDIT: and i'm just messin' around about the whole PA vs NY thing. It's really not my bag but i'm not trying to fault you for it. When i went to ashland we went out to dinner for my moms birthday and there was a couple cute girls working in this restaurant. They must have thought i was the fuggin' man with the tip i left. I should hang out in the sticks more...i could probably score all the time. They must love city boys.

Last edited:
If you call screaming llike a b**ch through each intersection brave, yes I was.:laugh:

I can so see you doing that. :laugh:

i used to have a nice view of the verrazano bridge before they built all those houses across the street. i guess i still do, just have some guys roofline right there as well.

go down 5 blocks and you're on the boardwalk @ south beach. good for running as the sun comes up...and you can watch all the ships out in the water if you're bored.

That's what I love about NY, the views. The skyline is :drool:.
At least you can still see the bridge. Bummer about the roof though.

I would have loved to go down to the water if we had more time. Looked peaceful from what I could tell.

They actually spent a few million bucks down there...trying to "revive" the area. Used to be a big beach/vacation town. They built a nice fishing pier that goes out atleast 1/4 mile into the water...and there's alot of shows in the summer time. and fireworks.

EDIT: And if you wanna see what fully loaded cargo ships look like up close, you can go down to the harbor ont he other side of the island....you got all the container ships being pushed around by tugboats and other ships loaded full of cars that sail into bayonne. They also have allt he dry docks...they repair the NYC ferries and stuff.

And I just wanna add - There is no club in PA that you could say you had the finest buns columbia had to offer - and then spent the rest of the night chillin' with DJ Skribble - nowhere!

Last edited:
I was in Avalon in NYC (before it went down the crapper) just sittin' behind the DJ booth. All of a sudden Skribble busts in and starts throwin' down! Comes back out, sees me smokin' and asks for a cig. Me being in a "loving mood" from allt he mind altering substances says no problem bro - and that was it. the rest of the night i spent in the booth with him and my friends. one of the best nights evAr. I'm told i as seen taking his number but i don't know wtf happened to it. I do have his handlers number though.

Not much into the club scene anymore but NY rocks for clubs.

DJ Skribble was at your school Scott? How'd that go?

and then spent the rest of the night chillin' with DJ Skribble - nowhere!

nope, but i used to do that about once a month in MA.

i used to get a kick out of how when we paid him, my boss would pull the money out of the safe, count it, and hand it to Skribble...he would then turn around and hand it to his girl and make her count it again.

heh..lol well it didn't cost me anything. he was really a nice guy. i dunno wtf he was doing int he club. he wasn't scheduled to be there, just came to hang out and wound up doing a little takeover. talk about live entertainment...the view from the DJ booth is pretty nice.

There's no PA vs. NY here, and if there was I can certainly take a joke so there's no need to apologize, besides my problem is with New Jersey. I mean I've only been to New York like 3 times, even though I live about 20 minutes or so away from Binghampton (I think it's that close, like I said, haven't been to New York many times) plus some of the stuff up there is really cool, I think I'll go up there when it warms up, but I know better than to drive, I do love public transportation in areas like that.

Just kidding Jersey people, there are some beautiful parts of your state.

^ That's it Chris, tell us how you really feel. :laugh:

Back