• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TireRack.com - 16" Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Starting @ $56ea

hmm I have a set of E1s kicking around with out tires ... not that I need to put tires on them :ponder:

so using this tire size calculator

205/50R16 are alittle small, as indicated by the faq when the stock tire is 215/50R16 like late model SVTs.

however if 205/55R16 was the stock size 205/50R16 diameter difference is greater then 3% which the claculator warns could be to much.

Last edited:
I personally would not worry about the size difference. Theese are really good tires at a great price. I would go for it if you wanted a set.

don't really need a set but at that price .... i really need to replace a set on one of the sets of 17" wheels that I have.

hmm I have a set of E1s kicking around with out tires ... not that I need to put tires on them :ponder:

so using this tire size calculator

205/50R16 are alittle small, as indicated by the faq when the stock tire is 215/50R16 like late model SVTs.

however if 205/55R16 was the stock size 205/50R16 diameter difference is greater then 3% which the claculator warns could be to much.
I ran 205/55-16's for a while.... I thought they gripped much better than the ballooned 225/50-16's. Better, as in decent auto-x time differences.

I agree that 225/50 is a little wide. Buy only for the rear. I'm currently running 225 on all four corners at autocross events. I would prefer to run staggered though. 225/50 up front and 205/55 in the rear. but if I needed tires for the street right now, I would get a set of theese at the super dicounted price they're at.

It's a little wide in the rear for my liking. I just don't like the way the rear transitions with such a bulgy tire in the rear. That's just my preference though.

I've always raised the front pressure or dropped the rear pressure to fix the rear transition. Of course in my 626 the rear end would come around regardless of tire pressure. I always assumed it was mad about something.

I've always raised the front pressure or dropped the rear pressure to fix the rear transition. Of course in my 626 the rear end would come around regardless of tire pressure. I always assumed it was mad about something.

Maybe it was trying to tell you to adjust the toe in a little. No???

It didnt seem to care. I had it set to both toe in and zero toe but it did would still wiggle and come around probably once per autocross. Thankfully it only did it to me once while I was playing in the hill country and it was a wide 4 lane road.

Chas,

Thank you, thank you, thank you

This is an great deal, I ordered already. For me with shipping only $264 for a set of 4 (no BS exise tax, sales tax or local disposal fees). At checkout I was informed shipping from Louisiana so I'll probably receive in one day via UPS Ground also.

- and a bonus -

$50 mail-in rebate from Goodyear
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/specialevents/gy_50_1008.jsp
net Grand total will be only $214 !!

unbelievable

These will go fast folks

Chas,

Thank you, thank you, thank you

This is an great deal, I ordered already. For me with shipping only $264 for a set of 4 (no BS exise tax, sales tax or local disposal fees). At checkout I was informed shipping from Louisiana so I'll probably receive in one day via UPS Ground also.

- and a bonus -

$50 mail-in rebate from Goodyear
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/specialevents/gy_50_1008.jsp
net Grand total will be only $214 !!

unbelievable

These will go fast folks
x2 much appreciated
My brother ordered a set for his Focus ST---those clearanced ones were his exact size:laugh:.
I posted a deal at Discount Tire here so I guess Karma comes around.
Thanks again.
-J

A small gotcha for this so everybody be advised:

TireRack's closeout for these is due to special purchase from Goodyear due to old stock. The 205/50-16's are mfg date code of 2004.

Although seems old it is ok with me and I approved them to make shipment (they contact you first advising tire age, +++customer service)
4 year old tires and then another 2 or 3 years for me to wear them out is still way within limits on age normally thrown around, i.e. 6 years in service or 10 years from mfg date whichever is less.

I checked locally and Discount Tire wants $192 each for this exact tire. And then must add all taxes and fees. I'm getting 4 tires for only a few dollars more than price of one tire!!

Its still not a bad deal if you're gonna use the tire right away. At least they're upfront about selling you an aged tire rather than other places that dont consider the date.

Back