• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tire test results for Nitto Neo Gen

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
neogen.jpg

Nitto Neo Gen
Recently a leading consumer magazine tested all-season ultra-high performance tires. Nitto's Neo Gen tire received second place overall with the editors commenting that the Nitto Neo Gen had basically tied with first place.

Fifteen tires from several tire manufacturers were tested in nine categories, mainly focusing on dry handling and traction, wet handling and traction, and ride comfort. All tires in the test were sized 225/40R18. All tires were tested using an Audi A3 3.2 on a closed test course. This data was combined with results from independent tread-wear testing which evaluated tread wear up to 12,000 miles.

The Nitto Neo Gen had a strong showing in all tests. The Neo Gen received a ranking of Very Good in both dry and wet braking and Good in both dry and wet handling and hydroplaning. The Neo Gen also received high marks for noise, ride comfort and rolling resistance, scoring Very Good for all categories. The Neo Gen was also one of the most affordable tires tested. Because of the Neo Gen's balance of dry and wet performance, and ride comfort, the editors recommended it as one of their top picks.

Features:

*The inner shoulder is made from one continuous block, which adds stability and prevents tread flex. By preventing tread flex, the tires wear more evenly, even on cars with negative camber.
*The large outer shoulder blocks are designed to optimize the surface contact and provide outstanding corner traction. *Deep circumferential grooves work with the slanted 3D tread blocks to evacuate water to help maintain contact with the road and provide excellent wet traction.

I've found them for $86 ea. in 214/45/17 Z rated at Discount Tire.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=1&sw=false&cs=215&pc=40217&rd=17&ar=45

Last edited:
LOL! You're the only one. Look at the reviews on Discount. Everyone raves and raves about them. 5 star average from 150 reviews.

Yeah, they are great tires. Fordman302 jsut got a set, 80something each for 17s. I had a set a while back, and they were awesome tires. Now as for loudness, try the KDWs, these are loud!

Yeah i just got a set had them put on just this week..Love them..Paid 344.00shipped for all 4..Im very pleased with the handle of the tire and traction..

How would you compare them to the eagle F1's I used to have on the car? I loved the way they handled, but was unsatisfied with how quickly they began to wear.

I am looking for new tires for my CTS-V. I want good handling, but need good tread life as well. I do 75% highway commuting, 15% tearing around town and enjoying my low end torque, and 10% of the time I am pushing through corners as fast as my tires allow.

How would you compare them to the eagle F1's I used to have on the car? I loved the way they handled, but was unsatisfied with how quickly they began to wear.

I am looking for new tires for my CTS-V. I want good handling, but need good tread life as well. I do 75% highway commuting, 15% tearing around town and enjoying my low end torque, and 10% of the time I am pushing through corners as fast as my tires allow.

Well after getting the car and looking at the tire more caeful there were wearing uneven..One kept looseing tire pressure..And from many reviews the Neo gens had a good over all rating great for lowred cars they will wear more evenly due to thread design..And for the price i couldnt beat it..I would take turns with the F1's and would have alot of understeer..Then again the F1's were nearly done..My inner walls had thread showing..And i didnt drive the car for almost a week until i could get some tires...

At the price who cares? LOL! You could by 2 sets of these for the price of the F1's. I like my F1's but the sidewalls are so soft. The reason I bought them is the deal Tire Rack was running.

i wonder what came in first. i think the last time consumer reports did that test on allseason hipo tires, the falken 512 won iirc. maybe they tested the 912 and it was 1. anyone know or subscribe to cr? recall the issue?

i wonder what came in first. i think the last time consumer reports did that test on allseason hipo tires, the falken 512 won iirc. maybe they tested the 912 and it was 1. anyone know or subscribe to cr? recall the issue?

I do.

First five All-Season Ultra High Performance tires...

(1) Falken Ziex ZE-912 $123 score: 85
(2) Nitto Neo Gen ZR $92 score: 85
(3) Yokohama Advan S4 $170 score: 75
(4) Falken Ziex ZE-512 $96 score: 73
(5) General Exclaim UHP $80 score: 73

First five Summer-only UHP tires...

(1) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 $209 score: 85
(2) Pirelli P-Zero $234 score: 84
(3) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW2 $141 score: 78
(4) Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 A Pole Position $167 score: 77
(5) Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 $158 score: 76

Very happy with my Neo-Gens

Very happy with my Neo-Gens

I've been running NeoGens for six months (225/45ZR17) and I'm very very happy with them. Great all-around, but wet traction is especially impressive. I have not run in snow (and don't ever intend to!). Best of all, I paid $372 for a set of 4 from discount tire direct (plus another $80 for mounting).

And I gotta say it...they look pretty cool too.

Overall, I highly recommend.

I do.

First five All-Season Ultra High Performance tires...

(1) Falken Ziex ZE-912 $123 score: 85
(2) Nitto Neo Gen ZR $92 score: 85
(3) Yokohama Advan S4 $170 score: 75
(4) Falken Ziex ZE-512 $96 score: 73
(5) General Exclaim UHP $80 score: 73

First five Summer-only UHP tires...

(1) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 $209 score: 85
(2) Pirelli P-Zero $234 score: 84
(3) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW2 $141 score: 78
(4) Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 A Pole Position $167 score: 77
(5) Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 $158 score: 76

nice. glad to see falken did improve on the 512 and apparently it shows.

Would the extra coverage on the tires be necessary? Because that would bring my total to $490 for 225/40/18 the Nittos.

Back