• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

timing marks?

Not your fault. Now if the guy considers his thread jacked, I suggest he go back and reread the answers given. All are relevant unless one does not understand them. To comment that the thread was jacked seems to show that. Some of the ideas expressed here have been ridiculous, like the 'spring doesn't do anything comment'. If you want to set up your motor based on thinking like that then go right ahead. You won't get it anyway after reading it 50 times as previously admitted. Good luck with the belt, it will probably DNF quick, and needs to with applied skills like some of the ones expressed here.

Good grief, give them a bit of knowledge and heads explode..............

Won't be happening again....................

i was just talking crap, i forget that this forum isn't as forgiving to wisecracks as some others, it's been a lot of helpful info for people trying to set the timing, it seems that there are a number of CEG members that think that setting the timing in their car can only be done by the stealership. hopfully this thread will be a good source of info to other zetec owners.

Not your fault. Now if the guy considers his thread jacked, I suggest he go back and reread the answers given. All are relevant unless one does not understand them. To comment that the thread was jacked seems to show that. Some of the ideas expressed here have been ridiculous, like the 'spring doesn't do anything comment'. If you want to set up your motor based on thinking like that then go right ahead. You won't get it anyway after reading it 50 times as previously admitted. Good luck with the belt, it will probably DNF quick, and needs to with applied skills like some of the ones expressed here.

Good grief, give them a bit of knowledge and heads explode..............

Won't be happening again....................

and to comment to you, my OP was for a 98, the follow ups were for a 95, to my understanding the timing is set differently on theses two engines, and i was only asking for a picture, you go on about this and that, blah blah blah. which at first was confusing because why beat around the bush when someone asks a question? just spit it out, you don't need to explain how this works or that functions, i wanted to know about setting the time to my 98 zetec, and while i do appreciate you help to reply to my further questioning and then again in your last post like i'm an imbecile really is uncalled for. while i'm not SAE certified i have been doing all of my own maintenance since '96, i've owned nissan's, pontiac's, opel's, chevy's and ford's in this time. i've also done work for most all of my friends and i think that in all of this time with hundreds of successful repairs i am a pretty decent mechanic.
now i'm not trying to trash you or anything else i just think perhaps you should come off you high horse and realize that big long posts aren't needed to make you look knowledgeable and you don't have to bash people just because you think you are smarter.

Back