• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Time for paint V2

Anyone ever thought of moulding in the jackpoint covers into the side skirts?

Its not very functional and you would have one hell of a time jacking the car up, but it would probably look so sexy.

Anyone ever thought of moulding in the jackpoint covers into the side skirts?

Its not very functional and you would have one hell of a time jacking the car up, but it would probably look so sexy.

I'm doing it right now.....check it out at SZ07 :)

~Josh

And we both got beat by the ugliets Probe ever.....the judges had no taste....enjoy that win, after this winter it'll be your last muahahahahaha

~Josh
Yes, I remember all too well. I couldn't believe I even placed, it was only my second car show. Good paint and documentation ftw! :laugh: I look forward to many 1-2-3 PRT finishes at the local shows next year :cool: :D

Yes, I remember all too well. I couldn't believe I even placed, it was only my second car show. Good paint and documentation ftw! :laugh: I look forward to many 1-2-3 PRT finishes at the local shows next year :cool: :D

:cool: I cant wait to get my car done.. this is only step one of the 3 step project..

Show
Go
Turn

Painted!!

Painted!!

Well i finally painted it and got my camera to work again..
DSC01671.jpg

thats what it looked like this morning..
DSC01683.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

mmm.. basecoat

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

Just looks soo wet and hott:drool:

Last edited:
Wow, that took a long time.

Looks amazing. I know how it feels to finally accomplish something like that. Another great looking SVT.

So glossy. Ummm, perfect. :cool:

Wow, that took a long time.

Looks amazing. I know how it feels to finally accomplish something like that. Another great looking SVT.

So glossy. Ummm, perfect. :cool:

seriously i have probably over 100 hours into painting the car.. I primed it like 6 times and sanded it all out. I still have to wet-sand and buff the whole thing too

well, hurry up and take some more pics.

Due to a stupid moment i have to repaint my front bumper, so ill be in that position soon, not as big as that though.

Mluko- that is DEAD sexy man,great job!I have heard that the key to a good paint job is prep and sanding,But I guess you kno that already having more than 100 hours into it.

Damn Mark, that looks good:drool: You are gonna tear up the car shows in 07 methinks. Can't wait to see it in person!!:cool:

Wow man, a long wait but welll worth it. the paint looks absolutely exceptional. Make sure to get some pics up when its all back together and on the road!

Beautiful car! You can really tell when the proper prep work goes into a paint job! My T Red SVT just got an entire repaint less than 1 month ago! :drool: Just get that thing wet sanded! Then it will be perfect!

Jeff

Back