• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thoughts on Autometer Gauge...

I have the Autometer Ultra Lite IIs in my mustang and I love them. I like the back-lit better than the light that's around the edges. All are full sweep electrical......Water temp/Fuel Pressure/Oil Pressure

Brass tubing all the way up the pillar? No thanks. I picked up the electric short sweep one and got it on Saturday. After all day I have it hooked up and working.

Works pretty decent if you ask me ;) Reading the same numbers as the mechanical Ford Racing one was when I had it.

oilpressuregauge.jpg

This is what you read no your oil pressure gauge? Is this normal?

This is what you read no your oil pressure gauge? Is this normal?

Yeah cold start ups I bury the needle on my oil pressure gauge. Have done that with 3 different engines, and 2 different gauges. It drops down to around 30ish at idle and jumps back up to about 85 at 3k rpms when warmed up. The duratec likes to pump oil :cool:

guys.....for snowmobile racing we ran autometer guages. but we still trashed some of them for VDO stuff. VDO is the best brand out there but it's overpriced (my opinions)

Back