• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thoughts on another way to tap oil pressure/temperation gauges

todras's oil filter relocation howto (in the old forum) uses the ford racing relocation kit... and that adapter has 2 extra ports that you can use for pressure & temp. The Ford racing kit does use Perma-cool hardware... and I think it's the PER-1791 model listed on the rpw site.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1036419

Dunno why that author recommended drilling/tapping an adapter when you can just get the 4 port adapter.

todras's oil filter relocation howto (in the old forum) uses the ford racing relocation kit... and that adapter has 2 extra ports that you can use for pressure & temp. The Ford racing kit does use Perma-cool hardware... and I think it's the PER-1791 model listed on the rpw site.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=1036419

Dunno why that author recommended drilling/tapping an adapter when you can just get the 4 port adapter.

Do you have a listing of all the parts needed to do that relocation?? I found the 1 adapter you listed in the previos post, but it says to be used in conjunction with an adapter.... Like what adapter is needed for the stock location and hose length, etc, etc?

Yep.. good stuff! todras, I do appreciate your howto.... even though it snowballed almost out of control for me. I wanted to move the filter to keep the oil from covering my headers every time I changed the oil. Next think I knew, I had ordered an air-oil cooler, oil thermostat, oil temp gauge, and oil pressure gauge... then later changed the air-oil cooler and got a new p/s cooler to match. :crazy:

Holy **** guys, thats way expensive. I laugh at this, because I'm building a upgraded cooling system for my 4x4 - remote filter, thermastat controlled cooling through 2 external coolers - but my application is for the transmission.

This looks to be the EXACT same thing...

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRM-1791

If the Ford Racing kit uses permacool hardware, why not save some money? So you may have to get your own adapters, hose, and hose clamps... I usually go for Ford Racing stuff - but your just getting taken to the cleaners here..

Because I wouldn't want to order something and HOPE it fits. I like ordering things I know fit. Also don't want to piece it together from Home Depot parts. :troutslap:You want to find the cast part that spins onto the stock oil filter location? Has the same thread pitch as the Ford Modular V8.

Sure, no problem - perma cool makes it. All I'm saying is your paying for a name - it has been said that these are re-badged perma-cool parts... Whatever, it's your money.. Its not like the thread that is on an oil filter isn't standard...

Sure, no problem - perma cool makes it. All I'm saying is your paying for a name - it has been said that these are re-badged perma-cool parts... Whatever, it's your money.. Its not like the thread that is on an oil filter isn't standard...
It's not re-badged. The instructions that come with it clearly state perm-a-cool.

Back