• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thoughts on 15psi

Well I trust what Tom says, so Rawburt you should be g2g.

And either way if you are selling it why would you make a post that you ran it hard to the point of almost blowing it at 15psi, that could throw off potential buyers dont you think.:shrug: :shrug:

Because I don't care if noone buys it. Besides, trying to dial in a manual boost controller isn't always the easiest thing in the world. Its called guess and check, over and over again.

I don't think it is an automatic assumption. I think it will be fine as long as your intake temps stay low, less than 110*F or so after the intercooler. Not tested though so:shrug:

Let me qualify this by saying I was responding to the 12psi comment. Also, back to back runs are going to heat everything up and then the boom comment might come into play. Occasional jaunts or a nice two stage boost controller with 10psi daily and that 14psi finisher for 3rd gear might be the answer that gives you good balance.
:laugh:

I keep praying that Robert blows up his 2.5. I am ready to drop a 3L in it and then he will want to keep it! But no, this thread wouldn't turn off potential buyers because 15 psi for a few seconds won't hurt anything at all. He could probally run 12psi for awhile and get away with it as long as his intake temps are good, his a/f stays rich (he will be pushing the limits of the stock fuel pump), and as long as he isn't predetonating.

I keep praying that Robert blows up his 2.5. I am ready to drop a 3L in it and then he will want to keep it! But no, this thread wouldn't turn off potential buyers because 15 psi for a few seconds won't hurt anything at all. He could probally run 12psi for awhile and get away with it as long as his intake temps are good, his a/f stays rich (he will be pushing the limits of the stock fuel pump), and as long as he isn't predetonating.

You can come drop a 3L in my SVT :shrug:

(No really.. You can)

Or mine, that way I can just blow this one up and stop worrying about where on the road this thing will eventually strand me.

Back