• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thought I share my new Product soon

If you wanted a test mule you were more then welcome to my car :D.

Aaron

If you want the SC I will need to get it on a standard 3 liter motor with a Taurus motor due the mount it removed.

I am going to do a VVT powerplant NA dyno it then install a SC on top then I will need to get a donor car for the standard 3 liter Joey

oh man, i would now have THREE supercharged heaton vehicles!! :cool:

id love to get one of these for my tour. i was really thinking about that turbo but i just love the whine these things make!! :drool:

id hate to have to fork out big bucks for a new hood but it beats lowering the engine. maybe plasma cut a hole in the hood and add a cowl? that's what my buddy did for his chevelle when the vortech aftercooler sat up too high. in fact, that was probably cheaper than buying an aftermarket hood and looks kickass too! you guys could design an add-on steel cowl and offer it as an option.

btw, will these be CARB legal? :D

btw, Nautilus, you can probably port those eaton m90s too. my guy who designed our ICey Res boxes also does blower porting. not only to cobras and lightnings but he recently added mini coopers to his list. should be no problem for these too. i have no idea what it would do for these but it added 30hp and 30ft lbs to my cobra. when you get this going, we can do one for you to check out and test the differences. and see if you want to add it as an option.

See Steigmeir for Eaton porting, they do all Eaton applications and did my Cobra....top notch work and CS. My Cobra went from 456 to 502rwhp with only a ported blower and tuning change.
-J

See Steigmeir for Eaton porting, they do all Eaton applications and did my Cobra....top notch work and CS. My Cobra went from 456 to 502rwhp with only a ported blower and tuning change.
-J

yeah, for $700! we do blower porting for just $250 including shipping.

lol damn, now that is a price difference.

Thanks for offering additional support for this future supercharger kit.

How much cfm increase would this porting do over the stock application.

Can you find out svt4svt?

Wow Steve, that is a very good price.
I did pay $500 for my stg IV Cobra port, but I know they get higher.
Harry:
For info., I'd still say look over Steigmeir site----lots of good info there and they have dyno data as well for all Eaton porting applications.
For the price difference above its hard to go Steigmeir, but I have nothing but good things to say about them.
-J

lol damn, now that is a price difference.

Thanks for offering additional support for this future supercharger kit.

How much cfm increase would this porting do over the stock application.

Can you find out svt4svt?

wouldnt know till its tried and tested. when they get this going, they can send us a blower for my guy to look at and do what he can with it. then they can test it to see if its worth doing. for example, the mini cooper supercharged doesnt leave much room for gains. my guy opened it up a little and cleaned up some of the stuff inside to help with the flow (forgive my lack of terminology, im a salesman, not a builder/engineer). we're working with a local, well known, mini tuner/builder/racer. we'll see what he thinks when he finally puts it on. we're also going to work with him to design a water AND a/c cooled system for the minis.

steig is good, i will say that. but he has also fcked up as well. he destroyed about 50 or so lightning blowers a few years back. along with other issues that his nutswingers just dust under the rug. he's a dck too. he tried to damage my reputation and made up lies about us because we offered some blower porting. he's done to others as well ive been told. people claim he's the best and the only one who can do it right but there are many people out there who have done their blowers and had success. the guy who does ours (and designed our ICey Res) would run circles around him when it comes to metal work. anyway, that's a whole nother thread. im just trying to offer our services to the CEG family. i try to support other CEG businesses first, before going to outsiders. not that im demanding people do this as well.

just for that Bimini, you cant buy my parts im selling! :p

j/k :laugh:

steig is good, i will say that. but he has also fcked up as well. he destroyed about 50 or so lightning blowers a few years back. along with other issues that his nutswingers just dust under the rug. he's a dck too. he tried to damage my reputation and made up lies about us because we offered some blower porting. he's done to others as well ive been told. people claim he's the best and the only one who can do it right but there are many people out there who have done their blowers and had success. the guy who does ours (and designed our ICey Res) would run circles around him when it comes to metal work. anyway, that's a whole nother thread. im just trying to offer our services to the CEG family. i try to support other CEG businesses first, before going to outsiders. not that im demanding people do this as well.

Sounds like a well known contour vendor. :laugh:

any update? and it definately won't clear the hood... right? No shorter supercharger head units?

any update? and it definately won't clear the hood... right? No shorter supercharger head units?
No, unfortunately there isn't much in the way of smaller superchargers. Mostlikely options will involve lowering the engine or different hood, but we'll see when he's done.
-J

ok so a Spec Stage one is equal to a stock SVT clutch, and the SVT clutch doesn't take boost well so the Spec Stage 1 will be ok :crazy:

go 3+ and call it a day, should hold more then you will ever need and its stock like in drivability ...

I wouldnt see a SPEC stage 1 lasting long.

well from what I recall those in the past that had a SVT clutch with boost said it didn't last long, and with a stage 1 being equal to a SVT clutch I doubt it would last long either ...

I even think that rawburt said his was slipping at 10+ psi ...

Back