• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This goes to Glenn

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
...I may need to warn you...my younger brother might be closing a deal on a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport by the end of the week.

:laugh:

Anyone have some undercoating?

Pictures to come, but I'm pretty sure this will be a closed deal even if the owner won't budge on the price.

False alarm...the jackass selling the Cherokee sold it for $100 more than our initial offer and didn't even call us back to see if we would be willing to offer another $100... :nonono:

Yea, people do some pretty strange things when selling cars. I asked a guy for a vin number once and he said "sure, I'll send you it tomorrow afternoon." Found out he sold the car the next morning for less than what I would have offered :nonono:. It's the "little" details like that :rolleyes:.

My father is persistant about my brother getting 4 wheel drive...but I always did okay with the Contour and my brother had a Beretta for his first car. We might be closing a deal today on a different vehicle....pictures to come!

4WD is only useful to start moving in the winter...I don't see the big need for it to be honest. Especially when the added rotational mass doesn't help your fuel economy for the other 3 seasons.

I only have it because, well, I use it for what it's designed for.

If you don't actually NEED a truck, which is the impression I got from Scotts replies, then it's just a waste when a little beater FWD car will suffice.

Good lord help us all, there are two Subaru's in the Garage hahaha

I am glad he choose the Subaru over the Cherokee. For a first car I think the Subaru will keep me out of trouble a little bit more than the cherokee because of the steering response. The Cherokee does just fine as its own, but with a new driver, The subaru offers much more responsive steering, which in given situations you can correct/avoid with a possible delay.

And being a kid, the Subaru is gonna give him better mpg over the Cherokee. So 6mpg is gonna save him some green in the long run.

I would have pictures except my digital camera is goofed and won't focus :-(

Lol, the change from a lowered car to my XJ was such a nightmare...but you get used to it after a few hours.

Back