• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

thinking of moving to TX

redlitesvt

CEG'er
Heyguys my bestfreind moved there recently and My wife and I are thinking of moving there... somewhere an hour outside of houston.... I was wondering a couple of things and wonder if you could answer some ???

1. whats the cost of living there? (here in NY its ruffly 1200.00 month for a one bedroom nothing included avg house price 525,000.)

2. work and pay? (I'm a steel/iron worker welder and machinist currently deal with Pervealing wage(union rate) of 59.50 an hour)

3. weather? waht winters are like?

4. COPS are they a**holes there too? they are every where forget that one...LOL

5 Road conditions?

thanks for your help.

I lived just outside of houston for a long time. My cousin just called me the other day and told me he picked up a 2300ft house and the payment is 1260 a month. wages should be comparable might not be as high cops though been too long since I was there lol

1. whats the cost of living there? (here in NY its ruffly 1200.00 month for a one bedroom nothing included avg house price 525,000.)

2. work and pay? (I'm a steel/iron worker welder and machinist currently deal with Pervealing wage(union rate) of 59.50 an hour)

3. weather? waht winters are like?

4. COPS are they a**holes there too? they are every where forget that one...LOL

5 Road conditions?

thanks for your help.

1. Not to bad. A 2,100/2,300 sq. ft. 4 bed, 3 1/2 bath home would go from $150 to $250.

2. Seems to be plenty of construction. I live on the east side of Houston near Galveston Bay. Among all the refinery's and chemical plants.

3. Hot during the spring, summer, and fall. Winter? not much of one. Spring and fall are nice. Right now the weather is like 30% chance of rain through September and hot, 90's, with a possiblity of a hurricane.

5. Not too bad. But depends where you live. On the west side, bad, very bad. Lots of construction on I-10.

Oh, one more thing. It's flat down here.

I am actually moving to Houston in August. Go to www.realtor.com and it has all the listings. (National Assoc. of Realtors owns this site). There is a huge amount of commercial construction happening in Houston, which is why I am moving back. I will be working for Prudential Gary Green in West Houston. If you like, I can email you listings when I join the Houston board in a few days. Email me if you are interested texas.realtor@yahoo.com

Bruce

Back