• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

they're made!!! got the email from trubenz

i have headers and testpipe on my probe. In fact it's a non resonated test pipe, and i didn't have much rasp still had a little bit right at 3k-3300k but that's because i didn't have any kind of resonator in the exhaust at all it was free all the way back.

Imma buy one of these and i bet you i'll have no rasp. and i don't even have a stock resonator in the exhaust since i had it all redone.

I have rasp
MSDS headers, stock y, test pipe, magnaflow res, and magnaflow mufflers. I hate it.

Thought Test Pipe comes with a Cat?

3L /w MSDS headers, Opt. Y-pipe, Trubendz test pipe /w cat and trubendz borla res'd catback. Would there be rasp?

Thought Test Pipe comes with a Cat?

3L /w MSDS headers, Opt. Y-pipe, Trubendz test pipe /w cat and trubendz borla res'd catback. Would there be rasp?

none, thats what cannondale98 had on the #9 car, that exact setup (he might have had a stock cat actually i dont remember) but it sounded good, for whatever reason borla is not loud on our cars.

none, thats what cannondale98 had on the #9 car, that exact setup (he might have had a stock cat actually i dont remember) but it sounded good, for whatever reason borla is not loud on our cars.

Because borla muffler is baffled or has fiberglass filled screened mesh dampening material that others can't use. Others use knock off material:shrug:

This is a great addition if you want to remove the main cat.

If you choose to remove the main cat i def recommend this item over a test pipe.

The borla muffler to replace the cat? Will the heat not bother the fiberglass and mesh?

No, he is talking about the borla cat back exhaust system. The borla system comes with a center muffler which goes in the place of the resonator. Not in the place of the cat.

And to answer your question, the fiber material will not burn up. It will just wear down quicker and not do it's job after some time.

its to reduce rasp not drone. once the cat is gone and you have headers you have rasp. it'll do what its supp. to for sure

you only get rasp if you have a free flowing exhaust all the way back to stock mufflers, or really restrictive mufflers.

my exhaust is

weapon R headers
Weapon R y pipe
3 bolt flex pipe
3 bolt test pipe (non res) 2.5"
2.5" trubendz catback, non resonated, one magnaflow muffler

it makes trucks and some muscle cars sound bad. its loud, deep, and not raspy. can shoot flames out the exhaust when i hit the stutter box too :crazy:

I would love to hear this! Any sound clips?

you only get rasp if you have a free flowing exhaust all the way back to stock mufflers, or really restrictive mufflers.

my exhaust is

weapon R headers
Weapon R y pipe
3 bolt flex pipe
3 bolt test pipe (non res) 2.5"
2.5" trubendz catback, non resonated, one magnaflow muffler

it makes trucks and some muscle cars sound bad. its loud, deep, and not raspy. can shoot flames out the exhaust when i hit the stutter box too :crazy:

that's not what I had at all. I have weapon R headers and y-pipe, stock cat, and real Borla cat-back.

Back