• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

they're made!!! got the email from trubenz

95pgt-t

Hard-core CEG'er
today..and they sent me pics and ordering info. here's the email.
"Pass the word along… you would be the first to use one of these resonated testpipes. We have them available for the 2 bolt and 3 bolt flange system. If your self or anyone is interested in ordering, you would have to order via e-mail until we have them added to our website.

These resonated testpipes will only be available in aluminized steel because the resonator is only available in this size in that material. Prices would be $125.00".

here are pic's of 2 bolt and three bolt pipes.

image001.gif

Plus that won't do much to lower the volume of the exhaust. That resonator looks like a 14-18 inch. Which won't do crap to reduce droning.

Sounds like a pretty good deal! I think im gonna take the non resonated test pipe tho.

The test pipe is the one that goes from the MSDS Y-Pipe to the exhaust???

- amyn

its to reduce rasp not drone. once the cat is gone and you have headers you have rasp. it'll do what its supp. to for sure

Even with stock exhaust and a test pipe you have rasp. Lots and lots of rasp :nonono:
and thats exactaly why i asked these guys to make them for use. very very common on the probe/mx6 boards to use a resonated testpipe..and it makes a huge difference over gutted or removed cat

and thats exactaly why i asked these guys to make them for use. very very common on the probe/mx6 boards to use a resonated testpipe..and it makes a huge difference over gutted or removed cat

I'm sorry but resonators are to resonate sound. Which is designed to reduce droning. Not many cars experince rasping so these where not initially designed for rasping. Even though these do reduce rasp. They do not get rid of it.

A cat is designed to reduce exhaust emissions and kills the rasping.

A resonator is designed to reduce droning.

just felt the need to repeat myself by saying they don't eliminate rasp or drone,but they do cut down on it alot:shrug:

how about msds headers and y pipe not cats, to a resonatored test pipe, to a magnaflow resonator, then to an un resonator trubendz borla/magnaflow?

what do you guys think would there be any rasp?

very doubtful...IF anything,it'll be when its cold for a minute. buy w/the experience's i've had on other cars w/headers,res. testpipe,borla catback(res/muffler) i had zero rasp

how about msds headers and y pipe not cats, to a resonatored test pipe, to a magnaflow resonator, then to an un resonator trubendz borla/magnaflow?

what do you guys think would there be any rasp?

Headers with no main cat= RASP!!!! Guaranteed!!!

Man that exhaust will drone like no tomorrow. But if you don't mind the rasp and drone. Do it.:shrug:

Back