• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The RFID transceiver insice the Key!

F111D F

CEG'er
This is glass sealed tube filled with epoxy I think. Note copper coil around carbon rod on left side. Think of it as secondary of transformer when the coil that mounts around the key ignition, thekey is turned to on the Pats unit sends an brust of (proprietary) maybe just RF frequency to ignition key's coil. That induces a voltage into the coil inside the tube which powers the circuit and instantly xmits Rf pulse probable Digital back to the coil around the key that passes on to the Pats transceiver. I either words in PFM pure magic. Very tiny miniscule RF currents. Sort two radios just so happens the one in the key requires just that micro power that travels thru the air for it response.
I myself would luv to discovery the newer stuff where vehicles have the push button and the key I understand is in your pocket. These much more sensive surface mount chips with surface mount antenna the works similiar to our older tech. Guess I should have just stuck with PFM!!! :rolleyes:

Paul
N8BUU

Attachments

• patstransceiver..JPG
    patstransceiver..JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 0
Back