• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

Yeah but mine is actually capable of doing it. It actually says 160 on it, you just cant see it.

Oh, did I say 140 mph....I mean't 140 MPG:laugh:

Thanks for the pics Josh, its nice seeing the car come together and speaking of that, its really coming together fast!!!

I can't wait to get my rims this week, that will make my ride LOOK like its going 140 MPH:cool:

My car goes 140.....like the time I past the MI crew on the way down last year! LOL
Oh, did I say 140 mph....I mean't 140 MPG:laugh:

Thanks for the pics Josh, its nice seeing the car come together and speaking of that, its really coming together fast!!!

I can't wait to get my rims this week, that will make my ride LOOK like its going 140 MPH:cool:

I think it was either you were being pushed by an EVO or it was a tail wind coming out of the "Windy City":troutslap:

I've checked over on xceedspeed and it looks like we've got a couple other guys really interested in our run this year, but we'll see when the time gets closer or if one of them actually comes in here and adds themself to the list. One guy is asking about what if the cabins are booked up, can he put up a tent, that guys sounds pretty serious:cool:

gonna be kind of hard to hang the busted parts. :crazy:
101_0741.jpg

101_0742.jpg

101_0755.jpg

We can do that Dan, maybe just leave it on the side of the road, we'll pick it up:crazy:

depending on what time you guys are passing through I could meet you all for lunch. do you guys like gyros?

It needs to go onto the tree but with a short story about Duratec's and low oil amount from the factory, isn't that why this happens to everyone or is that a myth? I remember reading about this back in the day and someone from Roush said to add about 2/3 of quart of extra oil, so I did it to mine and used a nail to mark the new "full line" on the dipstick.

While I'm thinking of it, SIXTY EIGHT DAY TO GO! I'm saving for the trip and that's going well, got the new rims and tires (pics coming) and I can almost smell the fresh, country air!

I just noticed something, this is post 129....hmmm, ironic!

Making sure I'm "sure footed" on the Dragon!

Making sure I'm "sure footed" on the Dragon!

I decided to take the plunge and bought myself some new shoes, sold the stockers as soon as they came off of the car and they went to good and needy home, an Integra with almost bald tires and 14's to boot, so it was a win win for him for sure.

I went with the new Konig Forwards, 16 x 7 w/40mm offset. The tires are Continental DWS', P205-50-16's. They maintain the stock height too, so no issue with the speedo either. BTW they came with different size centercap decals and only one "fit", so they're getting me the other 3 and while I'm waiting, I'm going to have Parkedcar work his magic and ship me something custom, probably a black background of CF with HONDA in the correct font. Well, on with the pics....

Close-up...nice drum, huh!
img1280702465129.jpg

Stunning day in Chicago....but hot and muggy though!
img1280702465388.jpg

img1280702465724.jpg

The 205's look FATT when combined with the offset of 40mm!
img1280702465586.jpg

...even from the front!
img1280702465505.jpg

The color really changes in this car depending upon the lighting, even more than usual.
img1280701882954.jpg

Back in the sun!
img1280702465218.jpg

Boring plate....you bet, should have a new one by the time I hit the Dragon too! I really like the route 66 plate we've got here, but your limited to 4 letters. I have some idea's:
img1280701882746.jpg

-TRTL
-DRGN

What do you guys think of the plate ideas and rims/tires?

General Lei?

General Lei?

I think this is a great name for this car, just add the Japanese flag on the roof and the symbol for "01" on the doors to complete the look, what do you think? I'd love to see that down on the Dragon:shrug:
img1278879949818.jpg

Like you've got so much horsepower to worry about being sure footed.

I'm sure I would've been fine with the stock set up, but that was more "tongue in cheek" about being sure footed. You can never be careful out there as you know. I wish I could lower it but I'm doing the right thing and paying off half my tire bill in the first payment. I'll get it lowered, trust me!

That's a really great fitment, Roger. Just it just needs springs and you're golden. :cool: But you gotta do what you gotta do, so next year that thing had better be draggin the ground. ;)

That's a really great fitment, Roger. Just it just needs springs and you're golden. :cool: But you gotta do what you gotta do, so next year that thing had better be draggin the ground. ;)

If I lived down where you do Eric I could do that, well, not really as my offset has me really close to the edge of the wheelwell opening, but I think I can get away with the 1.3" drop in the front, the rear isn't a problem one bit.

I like the new look of my car, everything thing I've been doing makes it easier to forget my Mini which I never thought was going to happen.

That is not true. I have no torque and my tires barely lasted 10 months.

Well, 8k launches will do that Randy, LOL! What tires are you putting on before the Dragon this year? May I suggest the Conti DW, summer perf tire with a 340 treadwear number and AA traction and A temp, you even get a free MLS jersey if you get them by the end of the month. I'm chosing the DC United because its got a VW logo on the front. Not a soccer fan one bit, but the jersey looks cool.

Check out those tires Randy, I think you'll find its a good one!

Back