• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

The green wheels are going to be a no go. I saw a picture of a sebring silver S2000 with Green wheels and it didn't look as good as I thought it would. I found that mag blue looks great, but I doubt I could reporduce the color with a rattle can.

Those of you that were interested in painting your wheels, do you want to try a different color?

You do know the story behind the original cars right? LOL.

Too bad you don't live closer I'd lend a helping hand. Here my last completed project:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?aid=343&ln=350&pop=0&it=1

Yeah I do know the story of the original cars. I actually met Pete Brock (the designer of the original). I just figured I could get 17's with a lot more tire options and wheels for $1000 bucks or get just the adapters for $1000. Im doing sort of a restomod type thing. New style Auto Meter Ultralite gauges, Kirkey aluminum racing seats, removable steering wheel, 17" wheels, defroster/heater, and hopefully a modern style fiberglass dash.

It looks like we'll be stacking them deep with us this year at the cabins for sure. I know I've got room for one more in our cabin, so that would make 4 but I guess everyone has to find their level of comfort and go with that. I know this, 4 in our cabin brings the price down to about $55.00 per person for 3 nights, that's cheap. Its only a place to lay your head at night, wake up and use the bathroom, shower and be on your way, that's it. The way this years turning out it will be the largest run yet again and could be the cheapest too! You vets know this already, but if there's any noobs out there let me tell you this too, we're got PLENTY OF PARKING AT THE CABINS!!!! This isn't going to be a problem in the least bit.

I don't wanna rush summer along to quickly as last winter really sucked here in Chicago, but even more than last year....I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS YEARS RUN!

We have 4 now? Nice!! Who else is in our cabin? He is sleeping with you by the way since your step-dad will have an air mattress, haa! I am liking the size of the group this year!!! I love the summer time but I am looking forward to the Dragon this year!

I am looking forward to this trip.....getting the itch.

Got another new mod.....let's just say in car entertainment!

We have 4 now? Nice!! Who else is in our cabin? He is sleeping with you by the way since your step-dad will have an air mattress, haa! I am liking the size of the group this year!!! I love the summer time but I am looking forward to the Dragon this year!

I'll be sleeping on the air mattress, Bob's back can't take that thing at all. I'm not sure who else is staying in our cabin, but I'm sure it will be somebody, as long as they've got a sleeping bag/air mattress and pillow and their own towel its all good. I wish Ed would let one of know either way.

The two bed cabins should maybe try and accomadate 4 people, just to keep everyone together, as well as keep the price down, not that its too high to begin with though.

I may just keep my stock tires/wheels, thus meaning I might be getting the Star Specs....good, sticky tire to help me squeeze everything possible out of the Fit!

The two bed cabins should maybe try and accomadate 4 people, just to keep everyone together, as well as keep the price down, not that its too high to begin with though.

I may just keep my stock tires/wheels, thus meaning I might be getting the Star Specs....good, sticky tire to help me squeeze everything possible out of the Fit!

You will love the star specs. They are much better than the KDW's in my opinion. I had them on my S2000 last dragon run, and will have a fresh set on for this year's dragon run.

I didn't even notice your tires Randy, no wonder you didn't have to ever hit the brakes:laugh: The only thing about those tires is this and yes, I know this.....200 treadwear number, meaning about 15-20k on the tires, max, good thing I don't have any power to wear them down more! I just don't know if I can justify this tire for my car based on the amount of driving I do (I've got 9400k on the car and I got it the last day of February....3 trips back and fourth to Detroit and a trip out on route 66 that lasted the entire day) That being said I think I could keep em' fresh enough for the next run in 2011 but they'd be "Eric tires" by then and can you say hydroplane:eek:

I feel going with the Conti DWS' and the fact I'm bumping the width up 20 mm's and lowering the aspect ratio by 5% should make a difference. I know when I went from 50 series back to 45 series for the spring/summer/falll duties it felt like a new car! We'll see, I'm doing some more research and taking all the opinions in, thanks to everyone!

I have another wheel to throw into the mix....Drag DR-34 in either the flat black w/machined face or charcoal gray. What do you guys think? BTW, these are 17" only and they weight 21+ lbs.

News Just Out!
The Dragon is now open to all normal traffic from the TN side to NC and back.
Road and roadside repairs and clearing have been completed!!!

News Just Out!
The Dragon is now open to all normal traffic from the TN side to NC and back.
Road and roadside repairs and clearing have been completed!!!

Thanks for the update and I really wonder if the rockslide was right where we all park for our group shot?

BTW, I'm in the process of building everyones ride on Forza 3 right now. Some cars I already had, but I just built my buddy Johns gen I Civic Si and it was fun to drive, now has 300hp though and currently Dan's 3000 GT is under development. Too bad they don't have the Cherokee SRT8 or the CSVT but Randy, your ride is next!

they have an SRT8 jeep in FM3. You have to buy and download it though.

It's funny you mentioned buying everyone's car on Forza. I just bought an orange fit

Roger, you have to post screen shots of all of them when you are done along with their specs. lol

BTW, I have an 867HP VR4 in GT4.

My Jeep is in the Summer Velocity car pack. I was pretty psyched when it was added, even though it is embarrassingly heavy. I did recently buy myself an orange Fit. It was impressively slow, :laugh: so I put an S2000 motor in it and made it RWD, but I should have left it alone. :crazy:

Back