• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The new 3.0L

elraido

I kant speel
Well, finally bought a new car. It still has a 3.0L. 2011 44K miles. Only $12.9K. It is only an SE, but it was the V6 that I was really attracted to. The dealership did have an SEL for a $1000 more but it was sold before we got there. I am impressed by how quick this thing actually is. Reminds me a little bit of the Silver SVT...not the quickest from 0-30, but after that it does a decent job of moving.

IMG_0407_zps50a1a904.jpg

You'll enjoy it. My wife has a 2009 Fusion SEL with the 2.3. They drive and handle great. I wish we had the 3L in it though.

I like them alot. When I got a Fusion with the 3L as a loaner when they were doing a warranty repair on my F150...I was a happy camper. They are nice running cars....I run the bag of that loaner! Lol. Got good mpg's even with me ripping on it too.

Nice Fusion. I test drove one but picked the MKZ, pretty much the same car but with the 3.5 and got the awd. The 3.0. I test drove was pretty peppy like you stated but the 3.5 pulls really nice. Mine has been reliable just maintenance.

Nice Fusion. I test drove one but picked the MKZ, pretty much the same car but with the 3.5 and got the awd. The 3.0. I test drove was pretty peppy like you stated but the 3.5 pulls really nice. Mine has been reliable just maintenance.

I was kind of wondering about those. I would have LOVED to get a MKZ, but they are still out of the price I would have wanted to pay. We did test drive an 08 Milan with the AWD and I did not like it. It was loaded as well, and the wife and I both said it wasn't as nice as the new one. It didn't drive as nice, the AWD made it slooooow. I know the 06-09's had some minor differences with the engine and stuff, but I didn't think the AWD would sap that much power. I am assuming your 3.5 AWD is a different animal than what was put into the 3.0L AWD's.

I was kind of wondering about those. I would have LOVED to get a MKZ, but they are still out of the price I would have wanted to pay. We did test drive an 08 Milan with the AWD and I did not like it. It was loaded as well, and the wife and I both said it wasn't as nice as the new one. It didn't drive as nice, the AWD made it slooooow. I know the 06-09's had some minor differences with the engine and stuff, but I didn't think the AWD would sap that much power. I am assuming your 3.5 AWD is a different animal than what was put into the 3.0L AWD's.

I like the awd. The 3.5 in my car is rated the same has the fusion sports 3.5 263hp 249 lb-ft. The year Milan you test drove was rated 221/205 so yeah that would be a huge difference. Getting ready soon to replace the mkz. Going to be looking at the new redesigned mkz or ecoboost mks (might even throw the sho into the mix)

enjoy the new ride.

One thing I have kind of run into is lack of mods. The only place I have found anything is Steeda. And they only have air intakes, tb spacers, exhaust and tunes for it.

Back