• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the black knight....

yeah the hood is CF. I got if off Ryan after he had it for about 5-6 years. i will bring it back to its former glory then clear coat it so it never looks like that again.

those wheels in black look SOOO much better on your car than they did on mine. change those headlights. put these badass Pud projectors on it. they'll really make the car look :cool: i would touch those wheels. i think they look good the way they are.

yeah. i like the way they look. aside form the fact that the rims leaked from the cracks. got most of it soted. but still a slow leak in one. gotta sort that out still. but its all good.

a) i say no to a red lip on the wheels. car looks pimp as it stands. just throw some dressing (preferrably ranch) on the tires and you're good.

b) i don't know a lot about c/f hoods, but how are you going to sand all the clear off the hood without messing up the carbon fiber? :shrug:

there is TONS of gell coat on the hood. so im gonna sand till the crap part of it is gone. if i cant remove all the crap then it goes black. as for the ranch tire shine. that smelled so nasty i must decline

there is TONS of gell coat on the hood. so im gonna sand till the crap part of it is gone. if i cant remove all the crap then it goes black. as for the ranch tire shine. that smelled so nasty i must decline

what, is it rhyme time? :laugh:

I would rather see you paint it black instead of seeing the carbon fiber :)
I always wnated to get the stock looking cf hood and paint it t-red. :) i just want the weight reduction without the look.

But then again it looked good at SZ after the swap. So getting it cleaned up like you said would make it look alot better.

Back