• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tha new whip!

Steeda almost bought one with the orange interior. It was local to me so I took it on a test drive. Freakin' fun car is all I have to say. Boost really plants you. They look even better with the sport efx. :drool:

I actually like the shifter without the leather boot.

It's a gorgeous car :drool: ... Those seats look so comfortable!

Nice ride , Chris :drool: .
Before ya know it , you'll be on the phone with IPD ordering up some go-fast goodies . My last Volvo had a whole buncha IPD stuff on it , and my current one is certainly not without - it has a full IPD suspension w/poly bushings at every point , springs , Bilsteins , sway bars , balljoints , tie rod ends - stuff like that , as well as braided teflon/kevlar brake hoses , hot brake pads & some other stuff I'm sure I've forgotten . IPD is like crack to a true Volvo enthusiast !

So it got down to like 32 degrees last night, and i discovered how boosted cars REALLY like the cold :laugh:

as far as mods...there's guys on swedespeed probably pushing 400 or more hp, but they have LOTS of money in their cars. i'm not sure i'm ready to ruin the warranty yet, as it's one of the main reason's I got this particular car.

Warranties are overrated...

My powertrain warranty just expired after 45k of modded miles w/o any problems.

not when your struts are $600 a piece!

considering the amount of people who've had thousands of dollars worth of work done at zero cost to them because of the extended warranty - and me "inheriting" it at no extra cost - i'm not complaining.

very nice car. id change the rims though. maybe to black or polished, or even brushed. i should test drive one of those....

i think i saw an R wagon this morning. do they make them? it definitely had a sporty look to it. an electric blue color.

very nice car. id change the rims though. maybe to black or polished, or even brushed. i should test drive one of those....

i think i saw an R wagon this morning. do they make them? it definitely had a sporty look to it. an electric blue color.

Yea V70R

I dont know how a suspension setup would work on those cars given that they already are dynamic. Driving along and changing the setup from comfort to race is the coolest thing ever.

If it was mine i would just do an intake and be done with it, the car is decently fast as is, i was dissapointed that its slower than the MS6.

lol! i dunno it might get stolen!!

you could change the springs, the active chassis settings only affect the damping of the shocks/struts, it doesn't like lower the car or anything. but it's a good way to void your suspension warranty.

people are also using coilovers, which does totally defeat the active suspension

the rims are actually painted with a metallic paint...they just dont' show it in pictures.

anyway, i was looking for pics of blacked out volvo's. Im not a fan of the black rim thing really...but this is :drool:

DSC_1018.jpg

Picture084.jpg

PICT0233.jpg

uh, probably not for a while. I don't wanna void the warranty.

If i do anything it'll probably be a ipd softloader, intake/exhaust/downpipe/maybe better intercooler - should put me in the mid to high 300's. But i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Don't worry, it's plenty fast :laugh:

Don't forget an upsolute tune. Www.upsolute.com :D

Back