• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tempature Gauge not working

that was absolutely the hardest thing I've ever changed.. it was really buried and basically impossible to get to with a wrench even with all the dismantling I did (intake + TB bracket and multiple hoses) I ended up using a flex head wrench but I'm not entirely sure that I got it as tight as I wanted but almost all the "red threads" were not showing and in comparison to the old that was a large portion of it installed. I didnt see any coolant dripping later either when it was idling.

the gauge still climbs after both of those replacements -- I'll try the water pump test later today when I get home.. Any quick checks like that for either the radiator fan or the thermostat to see if they are working/coming on?

Again, much appreciated - you guys are awesome! :)

nope... and I'll pay you to make a house call for me if your interested if I can figure out which exactly is the issue.

I have bruises all over my arm from replacing that sensor last night.. goddamn that is a very tight area and I wasnt about to remove the starter to make it slightly easier on me.. :(

Back