• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tell Me About Your Exhausts

I used Dynomax resonators. They have held up quite well. It's been about 4 years and are now starting to get the tell-tale sign the packing is getting old. It is getting noticeably harsh well the exhaust is cold. When warm it's fine.

My el cheapo piping, non-stainless for the stainless nazis, is holding up well. It has some surface cancer and just started to get a few scales. I would estimate it's around the halfway mark. Considering they use road salt instead of plowing here I am more then happy it's held up so well. Yes I have painted it twice in 4 years. Once when I made it and once last spring. I'm sure that went a long way.

On a similiar note my MSDS headers are holding up quite well. No surface rust at all. The have the original "silver" coating (the one after the bad white coating) and have been fully painted twice. (when installed and 3 years ago) The front down pipe has been painted about 2 extra times. (mostly the bottom while installed) They are going to be 6 some time next spring. Go mild steel and smart maintenance.

Last edited:
Back