• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tell Me About Your Exhausts

SHOgoFast

Hard-core CEG'er
I am interested to hear how different turbo setups are running their exhausts. Such as size, brand, material, cat/no cat, any type of resonator, what brand and style of muffler(s).

Mine is as such...
3" stainless steel downpipe> to ADC Cat> to a single inlet camero style magnaflow muffler> duel stainless tips

Mine has a bit of exhaust induced vibration at a few different RPM ranges and I am hoping that the addition of a 3" straight thru magnaflow muffler will tame it a bit. Thoughts?

Mine is the the supplied SS 3" downpipe w/ no cat, 3" aluminized exhaust routed straight back underneath the gas tank, then splits to quasi dual with 2.25" piping for each and Magnaflow mufflers.

Resonator it is! Stazi, this was your exhaust at one time correct? I got it from Scott with the turbo kit. What are you running currently?

Rather than sending him/her a virus, I'm sure there is some interstate commerce law that he/she is violating that the admins can report him/her for. Interfering with interstate commerce or something like that. Where are our in house attorneys? We should let the feds deal with him/her.

Last edited:
The "supplied" downpipe is only 2.5" folks!!! A 3" pipe will not fit. This is why a better idea is to vent the wastegate instead of plumbing it back into the undersized down pipe. The highest HP Contour to date so far uses this exact setup. No forged internals either. hmmm...

notta Demonsvt I have it plumbed back into the downpipe if you are talking about the highest HP Tour here. You will soon find out if that even comes into a problem because I will be dynoning soon with more boost pressures. I think it will make the curves a little different but I think you can still push 600hp through a 2.5 pipe it just will have a little back pressure.
Oh I am forged totally too not that it matters.

The "supplied" downpipe is only 2.5" folks!!! A 3" pipe will not fit. This is why a better idea is to vent the wastegate instead of plumbing it back into the undersized down pipe. The highest HP Contour to date so far uses this exact setup. No forged internals either. hmmm...

I can't really think of a case where it would actually be bette to plumb the wastegate back into the downpipe.. no matter the size.

It's only loud when you get on it anyway.

Thanks for agreeing Barge. :D

~~~

Yes Burrita, I did say "to date" with you as a key person in mind. I talk to Tom quite often. :cool:

Demon did adding the Hpipe to your duals make it better or worse or no change? Also what resonators do you have and where did you get them

hey, burrita do you still have that intercooler we were talking about months ago? my FMIC is gonna be WAY too restrictive i dont know why but it doesnt seem to do the job well. let me know what you think, but i wouldnt even need it till spring so if you have it at SZ maybe i can get it then :D

Demon Can't answer you. His fingers are still frozen in that giant snowstorm over there and he can't hit the keyboard. You know, it's been cold here in Alabama too, I think it was 35* here today. BRRR Almost the coldest I've seen it here; never seen it below the high 20s here. :laugh:

Demon did adding the Hpipe to your duals make it better or worse or no change? Also what resonators do you have and where did you get them

LOL i remember when i lived there it would freezing rain like everyother day it seemed

The performance seemed to pick up. Especially the midrange and above. This is my calibrated butt dyno of course. The car did get through the gears a touch quicker on the datalogging though to back up my finely calibrated ass. The best change was a much less harsh and meaner exhaust note. It turned a slightly raspy and boomy dual setup into a sporty sounding pseudo race car. (V6 speaking of course, no V8 rubble from odd banks of cylinders but nice) You have to remember that "practically" straight 2" duals has tremendous exhaust velocity which adds to the harshness.
In hind sight I still would have liked to have gone with Ultraflows in the rears over the Magnaflows from a personal stand point but I do get a lot of compliments on my exhaust note and always on my engine's sweet song when running through the gears.

Yes it was freezing rain for 12 hours then topped with 16" of snow. The local idiots (no locals read this ;) ), which I will never be, thought the world ended. They drove even worse. I was having fun skating on my driveway. I miss having out door rinks but that is another story for another time. Good thing we are planning to move a bit further north in the future. I'll take more snow over crappy humidity in the summer any day of the week.

Last edited:
Perhaps the lack of Hpipe on Rogers car was what made it sound like a cessna... Im pretty sure it did not have one

Back