• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Take a look

crackerican69

Veteran CEG'er
I had a rare saturday off, so I figured I would take some time and do something I've been wanting to do for a couple months now. I know I am potentially gonna catch hell for this...but I don't care because after plenty of time searching and finding a few things I liked, THIS posed the most challenge! Didnt want something you just "stick on" or "drill holes and bolt up". I wanted an actual "modification". Plus, I found this at the U-Pull for $8!!!

So...BEHOLD!!!!

Subaru Legacy scoop
IMAG0015.jpg

is soon to be a Ford Contour scoop!
IMAG0020-1.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

There are a few thing I have to "tweek", but should have finished by Monday.

After taking another look, it has promise I think. But I think it really needs the raise that is in the legacy's hood behind the actual scoop. It adds some definition. I really think it could be a good look but is going to need some help.
main.php

FFE...I see the ”bubble” you are talking about.

But I finished up the body work yesterday. The weather didnt.really help on Monday. It is primered as well so here it is in its current state...

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

Now.you can get a better judgment.

As far as hood scoops go, not many look good on the Contour. This one isnt too bad! I personally would have had it in the same position as the Subaru, but it still looks decent!

Nice work.

I quite like the look of that.

I was worried at first, as I have seen some major hack jobs on various forums over the years.

Is that positioned to get cool air to the IMRC?

Who is this???

:ponder:

IMAG0020-1.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You know...I was waiting for someone to say something!!! That breast belongs to my girlfriend and mother to my 2 children.
3087_1079021179260_2215964_n.jpg

**I cant put up the good pics...if you know mean**:rolleyes: or this will happen!:blackeye:

"Is that positioned to get cool air to the IMRC?"

It is supposed to be, but the position of the hood latch prohibits me from doing so. It still hits the IMRC, but it's not as direct.

As far as progress goes...I have a little bit of cracking to fix at the lower front corners. Then its time to paint. Which poses some questions which will be in a different thread.

Everytime I see the title to this thread I start to sing the reading rainbow song out loud, then the rest of the office jumps in and finished it.

Back