• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ2010 maps and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

hetfield

or hetfeild
Google map with locations of events and helpful info:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&hl=en&msa=0&msid=116087564568628198434.000485b16fce0a77323ee&ll=42.917401,-87.926159&spn=0.043686,0.077162&z=14

Some tips for your visit to Milwaukee WI:

• Liquor stores close at 9pm. Liquor departments in grocery stores require checkout by 9pm. Even 9:01pm will be too late, so plan ahead! Local grocery stores will not allow alcohol checkout without an ID, even if you're 75 years old, so don't forget your ID.
  • Bar time is 2am.
  • Just as in Michigan (this came up last year) any road (typically rural) that does not have a speed limit posted is 55mph (the 'default' speed limit).
  • Most police and sheriff's departments are fine with 5mph over the limit. Tickets are not typically handed out for anything below 10mph over, especially on the interstate system in Milwaukee County. Anything 21+ over the limit can get you arrested and charged with endangering safety, at the discretion of the officer (typically if you are weaving through traffic). Sheriff's deputies are known for targeting out-of-state drivers, so don't drive stupid.
  • The hotel is located relatively close to Lake Michigan. In the spring time the lake hasn't warmed up yet, any breeze blowing in from the east can cause temperatures to get rather chilly especially in the evening. Remember to bring sweatshirts, light jackets, etc, so you can enjoy the after-event activities at the hotel.
If anyone has any questions, please ask.

Mike, this is great info, thanks for posting.

Hotel looks like it has a huge back lot area for evening activities.

WI State troopers don't •••• around...be forewarned. Harley riders "own" the road so be prepared to stop often and be held up by tools on harleys. feel free to drive by them and kick there mirrors,saddlebags or fat chicks off of them.

I took the day off tomorrow to get all of the ducks in one final row, because of low interest, I'm going to post up the two dyno locations information, and people can make individual apointments if they'd like.

I called on one dyno that told me they were booked solid for the next few weeks. the other never got back to me. I was thinking of the miller brewing company tour on Friday. :)

Hmmm the question is to take the direct route to the Show and Shine or the fun one? I've driven that stretch of 83 more than once (my mom lives out in that area)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back