• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ10 Driving or Flying?

SZ10 Driving or Flying?

• Total voters
Southwest's schedule doesn't yet go out to May, so I did a little forecasting using a couple March dates to get a general idea on prices.
It'll cost roughly $420 for Mike and I to fly out and back.
I'm hoping some other SW deals pop up for May.

based on available vacation and shut down/furlough schedules for next year it doesn't currently look like I will be able to make it.

By the time I'm done with this car it will be an indestructible tank! If I feel she's reliable enough after all the replacements, who knows, maybe I'll drive out in the purple poon punisher...

And Brian.. that sucks man! Hopefully those schedules might shift around and give you a little vacation play.

You don't even work full Fridays half the time, so maybe you could fly out Thursday night then home on Sunday.
You wouldn't be using any vacation days.

You don't even work full Fridays half the time, so maybe you could fly out Thursday night then home on Sunday.
You wouldn't be using any vacation days.

actually I have gone back to working 8 hour days every day.

next year calls for a 2 week shut down in august. one week we will have to use vacation and the other is furlough. then there will be at least 5 furlough days during the year. This year it became 7 and we had to use some vacation time also. So looking at that I have under a week left of vacation.

only plus out of it is I will be able to go with my girlfriends family on vacation. Her sister in law also works for UTC and has the same shut down in August so thats when the family is going on vacation.

actually I have gone back to working 8 hour days every day.

next year calls for a 2 week shut down in august. one week we will have to use vacation and the other is furlough. then there will be at least 5 furlough days during the year. This year it became 7 and we had to use some vacation time also. So looking at that I have under a week left of vacation.

only plus out of it is I will be able to go with my girlfriends family on vacation. Her sister in law also works for UTC and has the same shut down in August so thats when the family is going on vacation.

So are you planning on using 2 days out of that left over week vacation for SZ or what? I typically just take that Thurs and Fri off and drive out late Wed or early, early Thurs morning... I still have fun every year :shrug:

return flight: 4:15 pm 5/23/10 flight YX966

return flight times weren't the most convenient for all the airlines that I looked at (and airports since we have two to choose from near our house)
I wanted time to be able to sleep in from the Saturday night late party, so leaving early am on Sunday was not ideal.

and yeah, we're sissies for flying.
but it has more to do with the headache of driving to 3 separate national events within the span of 2 months and having enough vacation time to do it.
One of the drives had to be cut, unfortunately.

...don't post your itinerary on the internets :shrug:

:ponder:but now that I know that you'll do anything I ask you, I may go for sure

Back