• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

swapping the top end SE>SVT

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
so ive figured i need to use up the extra parts ive been gathering for my car this summer.

got the...
svt cams(not sure on the year anymore)
svt lim
svt uim
svt tb
svt injectors

now to swap them over what else do i need? i know ill need timing chain and what not. ill need a tune for the bigger injectors,cams,etc o rings for the injectors.

this can be done with it in the car correct?

SVT throttle cable?

same as an atx ....

what year is your car? need to make sure the rest of the timing components match the cams. if you have early cams and you have an early car then you can using the timing equipment that is currently on the engine.

if you install the SVT injectors you will either need to install the SVT PCM or get a tune.

You'll need a tune for sure. Don't forget the SVT TPS and misc gaskets. Have fun installing the cams with the motor in the car. :blackeye: It should be a fun one. :D

i have a 99. but i cant remember what year the cams came from.

i do have the tps.
and i forgot about gaskets:crazy:

gonna be hard in the car isnt it? espcially if i have to change the timing stuff.

it isn't that bad in car but you need to remove the alternator, ps pump, motor mount and front cover to get to everything that you need to.

aircougar and I installed svt cams and headers on my car in ~11 hours. this included dropping the subframe.

^ The next 3L swap/clutch I do I am definitely dropping the subframe.

Personally I think it would be 2 or 3 times faster to drop the subframe first then do it on the car.

Back