• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVTOA Twin Cities Fall Car show

I would make a road trip to some of these events but I'm currently sitting waiting for stock parts to rebuild my motor. Still need some. Looks like fun!

Gah I thought this was Saturday, not Sunday. I'll be out of town (&state) Sunday so unfortunately I won't be able to make it... It's too bad, I wanted to show up all the other Contours ;) :laugh:

Gah I thought this was Saturday, not Sunday. I'll be out of town (&state) Sunday so unfortunately I won't be able to make it... It's too bad, I wanted to show up all the other Contours ;) :laugh:

what other states are there? LOL Better not be cheese land

Your car is new :p You have to actually own it a while before you can sell it.

I've had my SVT for four years, still don't plan on getting rid of that... :shrug:
Well thats a little different.:shrug: SVT's SHOULD be owned for long periods of time. Me I go through cars pretty quick. Ive had my Mystique for almost a year now.:shrug: I think its time.:cry:

I normally have a car for about 2-3 years then I move on. But the SVT is going to be around for longer than that...no matter what. :)

My marquis is the only car I have owned over a year. Maybe thats a hint.

I do wanna restore it some. Tint and some dubs?:drool::drool:

Boat cars FTW!!!!

Well thats a little different.:shrug: SVT's SHOULD be owned for long periods of time. Me I go through cars pretty quick. Ive had my Mystique for almost a year now.:shrug: I think its time.:cry:

I think your nuts. It's too early to be selling a car you haven't had for a year. I sold a 950 dollar car after a year but that was ONLY because I'd put 40k miles on it and it was over 200k then and falling apart. Still got 825 for it :p

More expensive cars you have to keep for a few years to get your moneys worth.

I think your nuts. It's too early to be selling a car you haven't had for a year. I sold a 950 dollar car after a year but that was ONLY because I'd put 40k miles on it and it was over 200k then and falling apart. Still got 825 for it :p

More expensive cars you have to keep for a few years to get your moneys worth.
I think the same thing. But as I have stated before. My car is still under 100k and it has timing chain chatter? WTF!!!?? Why? I would NOT expect any other car with this low mileage to have these kinda problems.

My marquis is the only car I have owned over a year. Maybe thats a hint.

I do wanna restore it some. Tint and some dubs?:drool::drool:

Boat cars FTW!!!!

If you do get a newer car...don't get a DSM. As much fun and as fast as they are....holy money pit. Someplace i am never going back to.

I think the same thing. But as I have stated before. My car is still under 100k and it has timing chain chatter? WTF!!!?? Why? I would NOT expect any other car with this low mileage to have these kinda problems.
Well then your wrong :p

Plenty of cars never even make it to 100k. How do you know this noise is timing chatter? Have you though that maybe one of your tensioners is loose/defective thats what's making your chain loose? If it's even loose. When did you start hearing this noise? What kind of oil do you have in your car? There are about a bajillion things that could go wrong, you can't go blaming every single one of them on the car/manufacturer.

Back