• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT rear split folding seats in an SE?

Yawak

CEG'er
will this fit without much of an issue? or what problems will i run into? thanks in advance.....

The 95 tru 97 SE had it standard.
Both my 95 SE have a split folding rear seat.
I'd imagine the bolt holes would be there.

As long as you get everything from the car (or where ever you get it from) of the split seat components, fitment shouldn't be a problem.

Though in the later makes of the contour, some adjustments were made to the back seat which made more leg room for passengers.

Just to add a little info, you'll need the cable pulls that go into the trunk & the latch harware for the seat backs. If you're going from cloth to leather be sure to nab the side bolsters too. Grab every little plastic retainer you can find for the seating, or you'll be making more trips to the bone yard.

All you'll need is the seats and the components that lock/release the seats from inside the trunk. I did it to my 98 Se with no problems.

The revision for the rear seats leg room in the 98+'s were actually to the backs of the front seats, so that will not affect your situation at all.

IIRC, the back seat cusion is thinner so you sit lower, giving you more headroom. It isn't anything that would affect a swap though.

Yeah, I think it's a combo of both.

Our 95 Mystique has less leg room than the SVT's, but when I look at it, I can't figure out where the room is lost. It's wierd. It has to be both parts.

Back