• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Owners in Peoria area....

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Since the numbers are growing on here of SVT's in central Illinois, I'd like to invite you to join me at the Heart of Illinois SVT Owners Association monthly breakfast. We meet at Bakers Square by the Shoppes at Grand Prairie at 8am the first Saturday of each month. It is an informal gathering of Ford performance enthusiasts (usually anywhere from 8 to 20 attend) to just hang out, talk, and have breakfast. Usually we're out of there by 9, sometimes a little later depending on the conversations or service.

If you want to meet up for the August 2nd breakfast, post here and we can arrange a time/place if you don't want to just show up without knowing someone before you get there.

just a little *bump* as the weekend gets closer....

I checked with hdbngr8 (Bryan) and he said he is going to try to be there since he doesn't have anything else going on that morning (which is unusual for him)....

I've heard from fcsvt1 (Brett) and svtowner815 (??... does your name start with a B too?) with definite "maybe"s.. :)

still have not heard from bhiggs89 (Brett) yet...

Updated responses:

Yes, I'll be there
SoundQ SVT (Bob)

Probably
Hdbngr8 (Bryan)

Definitely maybe, but maybe not... confirmations coming on Friday
fcsvt1 (Brett)
svtowner815 (??)
bhiggs89 (Brett)

Nope, can't make it

Please update in this thread if your category changes....

thanks for coming out to the breakfast, brett (bhiggs89). I hope you enjoyed yourself and come again next month.

Thanks for the invite, I did enjoy myself and it was fun to meet some of the other car/performance enthusiasts from around the area...Hopefully next time the service will be a little better...

October Peoria breakfast - new location

This Saturday (Oct 4th) is the monthly breakfast for the Peoria area SVTOA/track dawg group. The location had to be changed last month after Baker's Square closed and filed for bankruptcy protection. The new location is the Denny's at the Metro Centre but the time is the same - 8am.

Aww man, I just read this...well I should be able to go to next months meeting and I can show off the new(er) ride...:cool:

Aww man, I just read this...well I should be able to go to next months meeting and I can show off the new(er) ride...:cool:

2000 Tropic Green SVT #396 - 74,000 miles (Turbo:drool:)

wait a minute...

wait...
a.....
min....
ute....!!!!!!

WHAT IS THAT IN YOUR SIG!!!!!! :eek:

Whatcha doin' on October 18? :laugh:

I am going to the track at Autobahn on 10/18. Was wondering if you'd want to come along to check it out (I don't think you can drive at it though... limited spots... experienced drivers/members only).

Or, you could just let me borrow the car for the day if you have to work.... :laugh:

Wow..I go up to Chicagoland Speedway 3-4 times a year and I never new that it was up there...:shrug:

Are you a member?

No, I'm not a member, but a few of the guys at the monthly breakfast (that you missed...) know someone that has a corporate membership. At the end of the year they have some leftover passes to attend member events, and we get the opportunity to use them.

The requirements for this particular weekend is experienced drivers only, and particularly with full track experience at Autobahn. It isn't as structured or controlled as an HPDE (high performance driving event) with instructors, so they don't want novices that don't know what they are doing out on the track with others that have a lot of experience (and speed).

So, like I said, if you're available and want to go check it out, it can be a pretty fun time watching the activities. Lots of really nice cars and even a "chase race" on Saturday.

It might also be possible to ride along with someone as long as you meet the requirements (minimum age, appropriate attire with long sleeved shirt, long pants, helmet, etc.) but I'd have to check with Scott to make sure ride-alongs would be ok for this weekend. If you are interested, you can ride up with me. I might even put you to work a little...

No, I'm not a member, but a few of the guys at the monthly breakfast (that you missed...) know someone that has a corporate membership. At the end of the year they have some leftover passes to attend member events, and we get the opportunity to use them.

The requirements for this particular weekend is experienced drivers only, and particularly with full track experience at Autobahn. It isn't as structured or controlled as an HPDE (high performance driving event) with instructors, so they don't want novices that don't know what they are doing out on the track with others that have a lot of experience (and speed).

So, like I said, if you're available and want to go check it out, it can be a pretty fun time watching the activities. Lots of really nice cars and even a "chase race" on Saturday.

It might also be possible to ride along with someone as long as you meet the requirements (minimum age, appropriate attire with long sleeved shirt, long pants, helmet, etc.) but I'd have to check with Scott to make sure ride-alongs would be ok for this weekend. If you are interested, you can ride up with me. I might even put you to work a little...

Wow..sounds pretty cool..but I have already missed enough work this last month trying to get my car situation fixed...maybe next time/next year:shrug:

Trying to give a little notice this time... with the Holidays and all....

Heart of Illinois SVTOA monthly breakfast
Saturday, December 6
8:00 am
Denny's at the Metro Center in Peoria

Up until yesterday I wasn't going to be there myself (traveling for work), but the schedule has changed and I should be around for this.

Back