• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Engine Knock

Klasky24

CEG'er
Was on my way off the freeway, light turned yellow and had to make a decision. Took the turn in third, at about 3500 RPMS and obviously i experienced oil starvation. The engine has a knock. Just happened about a half hour ago. It is my daily driver so i'm looking for the fastest and most cost effective way to do my 3L swap. Any info to help would be great...

I have been told that maybe a short block Remanufactured might be a good route, also thought about finding one in a junkyard. But in reality, i need the car back up and running ASAP. Please give any info that might help.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to tell me to do some research. I can tell you that I am doing as much as possible. Just posted this and was hoping to get some extra info on here.

Wow sorry to hear that man! If you have a hoist and place to do it I can for sure help you. Just find a 3L on car-part.com(preferably 04-05), order some bugzuki plates, and a couple other little things. Should be able to get a 3L in there for under $1k. PM me if you got some questions, I can give you my number

i'm sorry to hear that. that sucks. if u want fast & cost-effective, then u're better off throwing in another 3L in there. just my opinion... but if u decide 3l is the way u wanna go, i'm sure many will be glad to answer ur questions.

You meant 2.5 I'm assuming?

Well from what I've heard, the best way to go at this point is to just put a 3L in. I'm not really sure though.

You meant 2.5 I'm assuming?

Well from what I've heard, the best way to go at this point is to just put a 3L in. I'm not really sure though.

lol. my bad. yeah, i meant 2.5. Not sure what u mean by the "best". But like i said b4, if fast & cost-effective is the way u wanna go, then drop in another 2.5L. the only difference between both is power & torque. If thats what u want, then do the 3L. Thing is, to do the 3L, theres a few mods that must be done. With the 2.5, there is absolutely no mod required.

3L is the way to go, the modifications are worth the power gains IMO. And it makes life easier when a local CEG'r is down to come help out!

Many thanks sir, many thanks. Fastford is going to be coming down this weekend and helping me out. I am extremely grateful and hopefully we can get it done.

Back