• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

svt airbox

NR92

CEG'er
hey guys i did some searching but could not come up with an answer to my question
is the stock svt airbox restrictive? if not would it become restrictive if i was running a split port 3l with some headers and exhaust work done?

thanks

most people here seem to say the stock airbox is a pretty good design on the svts but if your gonna do a 3L swap with headers and exhaust why not go for as much flow as possible from both sides and do intake while your doing the swap? doesnt take much. just a maf adapter, cone filter and a heatshield.

i like the clean look of the airbox, i have an sri in there now and it looks too slapped together for me

I don't believe its an issue. before I went turbo i was running a stock SVT airbox with a drop in K&N on a ported 3L.

i like the clean look of the airbox, i have an sri in there now and it looks too slapped together for me

I agree. I think the stock airbox looks much better then a open filter. The only thing I did was adding a BAT inlet pipe to get rid of the stock rubber accordian tube.

ImportedPhotos00000-2.jpg

then i guess im gonna get one with k&n if i can ever get the stupid engine/trans back in my project car!

Back