• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #5906 - New 3L Build + More Goodies

Looks like fun. I also had problems with the Taurus pan and i also recommend not using it. Cant wait to see it done!

I've run/installed/shipped tons of 3L's with Taurus pans and have very rarely had an issue. For those that did have issues they've never been directly related to the pan or even oiling at all. Good luck on the install and hopefully this one lasts a long time for you.

I shed a tear everytime I see those pictures of the car being apart.

Good luck, sir! I shall see you lower and cleaner than before!

I've run/installed/shipped tons of 3L's with Taurus pans and have very rarely had an issue. For those that did have issues they've never been directly related to the pan or even oiling at all. Good luck on the install and hopefully this one lasts a long time for you.

mine was just fine with an 05 taurus pan as well.

I concur with Blackcoog. I don't see how a Taurus/Sable pan could contribute to premature engine failure.

Being that your car had a mount not hooked up and loose starter bolts, I would lean much more toward installer error. I have no idea who did the 3L and I'm not pointing fingers. Just don't want those reading your build thread to place blame on what is very likely an innocent part.

Perfectly understandable, I mean, I know who did the motor but Im not going to say names- he is a board member though. It wasnt a very good job considering the money/time invested but thats in the past. I just was in discussion with Reebs who said he believes the Taurus pans have something wrong with them where its leading to oil problems- hes had a few and they all had the Taurus pans, so he can only assume right. But I know something wasnt right, and I'll also be doing a new oil pump as well to prevent this from possibly happening again.

I heard youre getting some new wheels ;) They are going to look amazing on that car. Are you going to pc them black like your fsvt wheels?

I heard youre getting some new wheels ;) They are going to look amazing on that car. Are you going to pc them black like your fsvt wheels?

Yes sir....all black...:) ....my FSVTS i painted myself and they were more Satin...the new wheels will be gloss black. Cant wait!

this thread can be closed, ive created a build thread in my local forum as its going to be more things than just a 3L build that my SVT is getting so ill include everything there :)

Back