• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #2219 Build Thread/ rejuvination

I wish I paid that much for my BBK. Lovin the Tgreen and all that you have done to it. Is the stock hood going back on? I don't care much for the cowl hoods on these cars, but a stock CF or the evo hood would be nice!

For now I picked up a stock black hood off 95_mystique, till I find a tgreen hood. Then I'll use the black hood to build a subtle cowl hood. Have lots of other work to do before I start that project.

Current mods not installed but owned.
Performance.
13" cobra BBK
Rear 11.8 BBK
Svt cams
Max extrude honed intake
Gutted lower intake (imrc delete)
24lb injectors
Fsvt fuel pump
70mm throttle body
Ss 2.5 flex and highfliw cat section
Optimized ypipe
Msds headers
Clevete rod bearings
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Stag 3 Kevlar clutch
Pr98 diff and rp synchromax
All new gaskets and seals
DMD
Aesthetics

Polished weaponr coolant and power steering tanks
Shaved front valve cover with custom polished spark plug cover
Custom SVT polished battery cover
Everything under the hood will be getting cleaned, or powdercoated. All the polished parts more than likely will end up powdercoated as will in the future but going to see how it looks polished.

Nice job putting that brake kit together. Baer's price has sky rocketed since this summer. +$200-$300 almost :nonono:.

I saw the baer brake brackets and hardware you bought. I was keeping an eye on them.

Lookin good.

I would pony up and get a lsd, especially if your planning on going turbo one day. While the pre-98 is better, it still can break even under stock power levels.

Nice job putting that brake kit together. Baer's price has sky rocketed since this summer. +$200-$300 almost :nonono:.

I saw the baer brake brackets and hardware you bought. I was keeping an eye on them.

Lookin good.

Thanks, and Yeah I almost •••• myself when I called and they said $102 for the front brake lines. Then they tacked on anther $20 to ship them and hubspacers. For something that can fit in a flat rate $11 box via 2 days. Its been 4 since I got shipping info.

I would pony up and get a lsd, especially if your planning on going turbo one day. While the pre-98 is better, it still can break even under stock power levels.

Still kicking myself for selling my spare quaife 6 years ago for $400. At the time I thought my stint in contours would be short lived and I already had a quaife. Really do miss it though. Just cant drop that kind of money all at once on a part. Im no good at saving for it either. Maybe someday.

Where did you get the bear caliper brackets? I didn't know they sold them on there own or did you get them used? Are the bear calipers the same as the cobra? I have pbr cobra calipers that are brand new I could never sell I have been wondering if they might work with this.

Got the Baer relocation brackets randomly off ebay. I dont know If they will sell just the brackets, Josh from PRT has his own relocation brackets to use the pbr cobra calipers and brackets. Thats what I would look into if I were you. And Yes cobra, mach1, steeda, blank pbr calipers are same as baer. All were made from PBR just different or no words on them.

get rid of that coolant tank. absolute garbage. theres no pressure relief with it. if your car gets hot, that tank goes BOOM. mine didnt explode, but it looked like a balloon!!! i would say that if i ran my car for one more minute, it would have been ugly

get rid of that coolant tank. absolute garbage. theres no pressure relief with it. if your car gets hot, that tank goes BOOM. mine didnt explode, but it looked like a balloon!!! i would say that if i ran my car for one more minute, it would have been ugly

Ive seen the threads about them. Im hoping that I can make it work with the 15psi pressure relief valve I got made for coolant systems. I already have it plumbed into the tank. Ive tried selling the tank and for good reason no one wants it, I got it for free basically in a trade for some unwanted parts car parts. At this point Ill try it out and if it blows so be it. Either way Ill keep my old tank around.

That's a nice collection of things you got there. It'll definitely be nice when you get it back together! I sure would like to go for a ride when it's boosted.

....How's the rotors you're swapping out? I'm going to need to buy some soon.

....also, it's been a while, but congratulations on the new edition to the family.

Thanks Ramone the family is doing great. I'm actually swapping the fsvt rotors from the front to the rear. I will have the fsvt caliper brackets available once the swap is complete though. Bots will be waiting till next winter now, hoping to gather parts throughout the summer then tackle it when less is on my plate next winter.

solo92s10) I'm actually swapping the fsvt rotors from the front to the rear. I will have the fsvt caliper brackets available once the swap is complete though.[/QUOTE said:
....if they're good brackets then definitely keep me in mind. I'll buy them off of you.

Good bit of work this weekend powdercoating brake parts. Got my PRT rear 11.8" brake kit powder coated along with brackets. Also got the pbr calipers powdercoated. All parts for front and rear brakes are ready for install. Possibly next weekend

atuqe6eq.jpg

petyguge.jpg

arataraz.jpg

qy8age6u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got Around to installing the front kit this past weekend. Which would have enabled me to then move the current fsvt rotors to the rear. Ended up hitting a snag when installing the brake lines baer sent me. They sent me a fitting to recieve a inverted flare where my car has a bubble flared brake line. Had to tear it all off and reinstall and bleed the old brakes. Heres a few pics I got while it was on and checking clearance.

assembled baer ki.jpg

assembled baer ki.jpg

Not sure I like the color combo behind these wheels. The match is that Close it seems to take from the wheels I feel.

Back