• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1900

i was going to check out the yard near my house on saturday to see if they had any contours.
if they don't i might be calling you mike to get some directions

thanks for the info brian.

todd, i figured a bent subframe would be easy to spot too.
i am going to try to post the pics in a few.

ok on with the pics
is that supposed to look like that?
lca1.JPG

lca2.JPG

lca3.JPG

lca4.JPG

it kinda looks like the rear most bolt is bent in a little.

another update:
I got the real locating arm replaced tonight and tore into the front end again.
after comparing the black one to my SVT the knuckle is definitely bent.
you can see in the pictures above the knuckle is very close to the axle.
it is about 3/4" off the boot. my silver car it is at least 1-1/2" off the boot.
grrr

You'll need a knuckle from 97+. 95-96 had a different design and would need different tie rod ends.

I have a passenger side on my parts car, but no drivers side. Sorry.

where did you get the LCA and how much did you pay for it,,if I may ask, I need both of them and want to go a bit on the cheaper side because my car is in the December of it's life

where did you get the LCA and how much did you pay for it,,if I may ask, I need both of them and want to go a bit on the cheaper side because my car is in the December of it's life

bill at Teamfordparts.com
it is the 2 bolt style, so it was only about $60.

so i think the fuel pump crapped out on me. The car ran when i bought it but now it wont kick over. it has spark and with the back seat out, i cant hear the pump kick on, even with the rubber plug pulled out of the floor.
grrr and it has been replaced before because the floor is cut. the banging on the tank while cranking it over didn't work either.
pewp!

Last edited:
another update.
Replaced the knuckle (thanks again Todd)
fixed the dash (thanks turbo_fox) used some binder clips and gorilla glue to hold it down then put on the clips he sent me for extra security, looks good as new.

now to try and get it running...

Isn't amazing that the knuckle can be bent like that and not even be noticable to the naked eye? Glad to see that you're making progress. So now it's back to the fuel pump?

yeah, i am going to disconnect the filter to see if the pump is actually pumping, hopefully its something simple.
it friggin ran 6 months ago after sitting for 3 years!
now it wont start.

like i said, it's nice to see someone bringing one back instead of gutting it (even though it turned out to be a little bit more of a project than expected :laugh: ) good work man!

Its Alive!!!!!!!!!

Its Alive!!!!!!!!!

so i threw in the pump i got from Josh (thanks man!!) and the car fired right up!
it runs great! i drove it around the yard a bit trying to clean the rotors, but they are too far gone from sitting so long, so i ma going to try and get them turned this weekend.
the side skirt needs to be put on and it needs a battery.

anybody wanna buy a low mileage SVT?

its kinda funny, but i bought this car with the hopes of having it either parted out or repaired and sold within a few months and here it is a year later and its still not done!

haha
if i can get the rotors turned and the side skirt on before this weekend, the car will be heading to a detailer/consignment lot.
they will do a full detail and put it on the lot for big money.
once it sells, they keep 10% and i get the rest.

its kinda funny, but i bought this car with the hopes of having it either parted out or repaired and sold within a few months and here it is a year later and its still not done!

:laugh:

You think that's bad? My 00 SVT has been sitting for 2 years now. I bought it with the intention to replace the motor and make it a daily for my stepfather. That didn't happen in time for winter so he bought the Mystique. Then I decided to replace the motor and make it a daily for myself. By the time that was gonna happen, I didn't want to be driving another Contour again. I needed a change and was gonna sell it this summer. Title went missing and I had no time to get in touch with the orginal owner so it sat. Finally my stepbrother said he would buy it. We got all the replacement title paperwork taken care of but he lives in MA and that paperwork couldn't be used anywhere but CT. He backed out of the deal and bought another car. Now, finally I've decided to give it to Sandra as a gift to replace her Nissan Sentra. I'll sell her Sentra and keep the cash. I'll take a bit of a loss but I'd rather see her have it than some punk kid who is gonna trash a perfect low mileage SVT.

How much are you gonna be selling yours for?

not really sure what to ask for it, dont really know what its worth.
its bone stock, needs little body work, and a few other things to be perfect.
gotta do a little research to see what it might be worth.

any idea what it might be worth?

Back