• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1256

Wowzers, holy thread revival. What a shame to be sitting so long, but that's better than going off to the junk yard!

We also need some info on the status of the #2

It sits quietly in a garage at my dads shop.

I've been working for a homeless shelter for the last 3 years and have been in school as well. I changed my degree path last Spring which has been a blessing actually. Last summer I bought a house on almost 6 acres where I am starting a small farm. I'll also have a greenhouse where I will grow vegetable plants to sell on the local market and maybe bedding plants as well just for the extra $$$.

So between working for the shelter, which is very little money, and going to school, which leaves very little time, I just haven't done anything. And now I have the house and starting a business, even less time and money.

I spend almost two weeks pay on gas now, the other two weeks pay on a mortgage...you can see where this goes. So there lies the absolute need to finish one of the cars and very soon too.

I actually spent a few days about a month ago tinkering with the car. I've got most of the stuff free. I need to get the drivers axle out and I think unbolt the mounts. The radiator support still needs to be welding back in, other minor metal work, taken to the frame shop, etc.

Wowzers, holy thread revival. What a shame to be sitting so long, but that's better than going off to the junk yard!

Yeah, it depresses me every time I see it. I just have to get it done. I even put one of the wallpapers from the homepage on my droid so that now I am reminded all day long to get off my ass and get it done.

I had too much to do yesterday and wasn't able to get started until just over an hour ago. Ten minutes ago, the motor and trans are on the ground. It's been 5 years and 2 months since the wreck.

Only one snag with the motor was a bolt catching a power steering line and bending it. I hope someone still mskes them.

2012-05-03_14-08-56_631.jpg

Me too, glad to see the progress...I think one of my cars has been in my garage for about the same amount of time and will be done this year as well

I'll be ordering the fuel rail mod from Joey sometime this month. I need to replace the power steering lines that run to the cooler, pump and filter, lower A arms, CV axles, altenator, new A/C system and radiator. After the motor/trans go back in then we can weld in the radiator support.

I'm thinking that I will stick with the 3.0 UIM to save money on the LIM mod. I've seen it written that the 3.0 throttle bracket will work but I need to get a 3.0 throttle cable.

I'll be ordering the fuel rail mod from Joey sometime this month. I need to replace the power steering lines that run to the cooler, pump and filter, lower A arms, CV axles, altenator, new A/C system and radiator. After the motor/trans go back in then we can weld in the radiator support.

I'm thinking that I will stick with the 3.0 UIM to save money on the LIM mod. I've seen it written that the 3.0 throttle bracket will work but I need to get a 3.0 throttle cable.

I think I have an NPG fuel rail mod sitting on the shelf at the shop....

Back