• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Superchips Module Wow!

Yawak

CEG'er
After Superchips told their authorized dealer, that it's okay to sell me a module without them needing the comp code of my car; i finally get it back, a whole week later. Before the car just wouldn't start, it made sense, since it DIDN'T have a program in it! Now the car just turns over and won't fire up. It also makes my fuel pump make a humming sound. Anybody have any ideas? I already feel i made a mistake buying this thing.

Yeah, i took my time cleaning it, so i'm sure it's clean. I cleaned enough to show the copper and silver contacts.

Have to know the code to get the proper one! It should be optimized for your ATX as well!!!!!!!

well pull it out and see if it runs, if so the chip is bad or something is wrong with the program ...

it starts right up, after i pull it out and i drove it in to work. guess i'll give them a call and see what they say too.

Well, I finally got my computer and chip back from superchips and it works fine now. I enjoy the new found power and torque, but i guess removing the speed limiter is a hit and miss(mine was a miss). i really wanted it removed too.

And also, my car seems to have this new habit, it feels like the after effect of tapping the gas when you have the revs up, but at freeway cruising speeds, almost like engine braking. Is this something new I have to learn to live with or is there a fix for it?

Kinda hard to describe, instead of the power coming off clean as it normally would, sometimes(it doesn't happen all the time) its abrupt when i let off the gas to slow down a bit. It jerks the car a little bit(enough for me to notice), when the power comes off. It never used to do that, before the chip. This is just cruising speed and normal driving on the freeway.

Kinda hard to describe, instead of the power coming off clean as it normally would, sometimes(it doesn't happen all the time) its abrupt when i let off the gas to slow down a bit. It jerks the car a little bit(enough for me to notice), when the power comes off. It never used to do that, before the chip. This is just cruising speed and normal driving on the freeway.

Mine does it. Its nothing to worry about it.

Okay, guess i'll just live with it.

Guess I did alright, trying to explain it. I was wondering if anybody would understand me. :laugh:

Back