• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

superchip module

8000RPM

CEG'er
guys, does the superchips module give any hp/torque gain, if it is not custom programmed? I bought one long ago (it was used and came from a 99 CSVT and my car is 98 csvt), and had it in my car ever since, but it didn't make any difference. is that normal? Superchips claim it had some software designed by defaul for stock engines.
my ecu fried about a year ago, and I took the chip to a superchips' dealer nearby to check on it, and make sure it is not damaged, as I didn't want it to damage my new ecu. so the guy at the dyno shop took it and pluged it in to a computer. he looked the codes from my ecu and loaded the "stock" file. however he said that this was an older module, and these were replaced by new once, which allowed for faster programming. is that true?

please enlighten me on this matter a bit

when i installed mine i feel the diference inmediately better high rpm range feel and a second gear tire burning excesive

what kind of superships do you have? mine is a blue one. i know it's the older style. are there any different modules? would the new module be different?

You Have O Open The Ecu And Connect & Soilder The Jumper Ports There Are Two. Stazi Has A Picture Of It Somewhere And Helped Me With Mine. The Superchip Makes A Noticable Difference And If You Don't See Any Gains Its Not Installed Propperly

OR ITS NOT THE CORRECT BURN CODE FOR YOUR ECU.

The Superchip Makes A Noticable Difference And If You Don't See Any Gains Its Not Installed Propperly

OR ITS NOT THE CORRECT BURN CODE FOR YOUR ECU.

...or the tune just flat out sucks. People have been shown to actually lose hp with a chip. If its not for the correct pcm, it wont even run.

really? maybe he will chime in here but about what do they cost? and what does it cost to get reburnt if i would change something on the car.

Back