• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Superchip, knock sensor, octane

SVT_22

CEG'er
I have a 98 CSVT RJL1 and i recently purchased a superchip tuned for intake and exhaust, i was wondering if i should do any thing to my knock sensor or leave it alone? ie: Knock sensor mod.. also should i only use 93 octane or will 91 be sufficient b/c i don't want any problems do to the timing advance.. and will it hurt it if i use it in the winter with not intake??? hope some one can answer my ?'s... thanks

I have a 98 CSVT RJL1 and i recently purchased a superchip tuned for intake and exhaust, i was wondering if i should do any thing to my knock sensor or leave it alone? ie: Knock sensor mod.. also should i only use 93 octane or will 91 be sufficient b/c i don't want any problems do to the timing advance.. and will it hurt it if i use it in the winter with not intake??? hope some one can answer my ?'s... thanks

Leave your knock sensor alone unless it is malfunctioning or pulling timing all the time.
Datalogging will tell this. Go with the octane that Superchips suggests for you.

Chances are it will not hurt anything to run 91 octane in winter but when the temperature starts going back up use the 93 octane.

Back