• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

supercharger

Antec

CEG'er
A buddy of mine asked me to post a this for him. hopefully you guys can help

This is for the "vortech supercharger that mounts were the battery is"

"can u put a post upon there, and ask what the key way on a jack shaft is for the supercharger i bought one and the dude said it needs a new keyway on the jackshaft and i dont know where to get it from either"

A buddy of mine asked me to post a this for him. hopefully you guys can help

This is for the "vortech supercharger that mounts were the battery is"

"can u put a post upon there, and ask what the key way on a jack shaft is for the supercharger i bought one and the dude said it needs a new keyway on the jackshaft and i dont know where to get it from either"

did he happen to buy that kit that was on ebay?

hmmm i haven't even seen it yet
so i have no idea what he was talking about when he told me to ask on here

What is needed to fix it?

hmmm i haven't even seen it yet
so i have no idea what he was talking about when he told me to ask on here

What is needed to fix it?

I know Vortech's pin drive replacment is about $2k+ which would fix it otherwise it would take $1-2k worth of machining and balancing. Search the forums for KnuConcepts (sp?) upgraded shafts.

Yeah doesn't look like he sells anything for it. Thou ill try calling.
Thanks for the help guys.

Just of out of curiosity how much would a new supercharger have been?

This is the only kit you can get now, http://www.3lduratec.com/supercharger.html
The older vortech one with the shaft isnt made anymore. You dont need to worry about the stripped shaft with the Blackcoog kit.

Are you sure? I still find places that advertise the kit. It's also still listed on Vortech's site last time I checked, which grant it was a long while ago.

Are you sure? I still find places that advertise the kit. It's also still listed on Vortech's site last time I checked, which grant it was a long while ago.

Some might happen to have one in stock but I'd guess most haven't updated their site so when you order it they won't be able to sell it to you when they find out they can't get it from Vortech. Vortech's site has no mention of the kit for sale.

They have it listed....but they carry none in stock. They do an order by payment process. So they don't have 2-3k invested in an item sitting on their shelves hoping hopping one day it gets bought. Those days are over...for most online companies.

We stock everything but the supercharger headunit as that is about $2.2k of the cost of our kit and the 1 year warranty from Vortech starts when we purchase it not necessarily when a customer buys a kit from us.

my Vortech has a new coupler and drive for the S/C i have pictures floating around here somewhere....fixed all my problems. just cant drive for too long with no 'cooler or good tune.. my new toy is where the money is going now..

Back