• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Supercharger

Kenne Bell supercharger. I search the old forum and did not see anything except one post where someone implied that the only reason it will not work is hood clearance. I also searched the archives and recognized no one except demon and rara. Would it work? Possibly if swapped out to a escape 3.0 so kenne bell tuning works? I tried calling technical information, always busy:(
Joe

also the kit is 3400 according to this escape owner
http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/showthread.php?threadid=24127&perpage=14&pagenumber=2

Last edited:
I don't recall for sure, but there may be issues w/ the engine mount on the passenger side not getting along with KB's belt placement.

Either way, it could be done I think, it would just look really silly in a contour with the hood clearance required. I don't think anyone has been willing to pony up the cash to find out for sure.

getting free stuff from Kenne Bell is harder then winning the Lottery...

Roush/SVT actually made a 3L w/ a shaft driven M62 Eaton on their Cougar Eliminator Concept.

The Kenne Belle SC for the escape will work in principal, however the problem that arrises is underhood packaging or lack there of.

Also possibly the motor mount?

It looksl ike the KB kit has its own mount, and as far as i know the escape/ contour mounts are different.

Also possibly the motor mount?

It looksl ike the KB kit has its own mount, and as far as i know the escape/ contour mounts are different.
It looks like a new motor mount wouldn't be that hard to fab up, kind of like the Thomas Knight thing. I wonder if anyone could do a photoshop of a black Contour hood with a 6 inch bulb right at the front?

It will look retarded, ive seen it on a dodge stratus that had an eaton mounted on top. Ask worldtour about rezlo haha

eww... I think I still have pics of the monstrocity somewhere.

Actually I think the blower would fit under the carbon cowl hood with a little modification for the charge pipe... Granted, no one has stepped up to try it for good reason! LOL
-Mark

This thread doesn't matter anymore

This thread doesn't matter anymore

Well not to burst anyones bubble, but I just inquired about this kit and here was the response...

------------------------

At this time we do not offer a system that will work with your application. The Escape kit has been discontinued and is no longer available sorry.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Ries" <irocu26@hotmail.com>
To: <kennebell@kennebell.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:42 AM
Subject: Ford Escape 3.0L kit

------------------------

Back