• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SuperBrightLED's

Berkel

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone ever have problems with theirs before? I ordered a set for my license plate lights and both have 1 or 2 leds burnt out already so they strobe. I've only had these for maybe 6 months :blackeye:

Where could I get reliable LED's :shrug:

I hear using Load resistors seems to fix the problem. Unfortunately at that point, the inexpensive nature of an LED bulb is lost.

I had a problem with them as well with my first pair for my G35's lisence plate bulbs. They started to strobe after a month so I had to get a new batch, so far so good, its been 3 months..

could the problem be that you are touched them with your bare hands while installing them. I was told that by doing that, they go out much quicker and it just ruins the light...

My interior LEDs have all held up for over three years now, except for one light in the gauge cluster which went out after a month. I've just been too lazy to replace it since it only illuminates the gas gauge.

It's definitely a problem with whatever they are doing in that little bulb and not just "using LED's." I have almost 30 LED's for my hvac/hl/gauge cluster/clock and I've never had any problems with them. I wire them up in series, pick the resistor that will work(if I even need one) given a few different voltages i.e. engine on/off.

I'm about to just buy 8 white superbright led's and just hardwire them in!

Damn thanks for the help guys. I'm using the 4 led ones btw if anyone else uses those.

I'm gonna email them up to see what they have to say :)

Damn thanks for the help guys. I'm using the 4 led ones btw if anyone else uses those.

I'm gonna email them up to see what they have to say :)

I'll tell you what they are gonna say:

All of our 12 Volt car bulbs are designed to operate up to
>>> 14.8VDC.
>>>
>>> I think we may have gotten a bad batch of festoon bults at some
>>> point because I have been hearing this a lot lately.
>>>
>>> What is the part number of the bulbs that keep failing in your
>>> license place illuminator ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Greg
>>> Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
>>> superbrightleds.com

I'll tell you what they are gonna say:

All of our 12 Volt car bulbs are designed to operate up to
>>> 14.8VDC.
>>>
>>> I think we may have gotten a bad batch of festoon bults at some
>>> point because I have been hearing this a lot lately.
>>>
>>> What is the part number of the bulbs that keep failing in your
>>> license place illuminator ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Greg
>>> Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
>>> superbrightleds.com
Dammit. I don't think I saved the invoice for the warranty. :rolleyes:

We are unable to determine why these bulbs failed so quickly in
your application, but will be happy to test and replace.
Return to:
100 Washington St.
Florissant, MO 63031
attn. returns
Include a copy of your confirming email with instructions for
replacement.

Thank You,
Sondra
Super Bright LEDs

I could probably just buy a new set of bulbs.. IIRC shipping was more expensive than the bulbs :laugh: Sucks though I'll get pulled over if I don't fix these damn things :rolleyes:

My interior LEDs have all held up for over three years now, except for one light in the gauge cluster which went out after a month. I've just been too lazy to replace it since it only illuminates the gas gauge.

Same here, got em from superbrightleds.com too. I can't imagine why all the problems.

Same here, got em from superbrightleds.com too. I can't imagine why all the problems.

Same here. I got the 25 LED tail light bulbs. Only thing I don't like is the load resistors heat up so much you can't touch them if they have been on for a bit. I was lazy when I installed them and just set them on the floor of the trunk under the carpet and one has melted a hole in the carpet....

Back