• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Super AFC

Contouratic98

New CEG'er
I put a over bored svt engine in my 98 SE, I need to get it tuned, Does the Super AFC actually make a difference. Could I just get it chipped to tuned. ??

Thanks

Warren

i dont' think there's any real need for this unless you're motor is heavily modified or there is some sort of forced induction.

i'm not quite sure what is meant by "over bored" though. on a stock motor i wouldn't expect any significant gains.

The SAFC should be used for minor tweaking only. I would suggest getting an X-Cal 2 for tune. Check out the PCM tuning branch. '

By the way, how much overbored is your SVT engine? What pistons are you running?

over bored

over bored

I just put a svt engine in the se, it bored 3 thousands over, with bigger piston, not much gain at all i would imagine. Still, looking for ways to upgrade, I still need to tune the ECU to read the changes....and suggestions.

I was going to do a 3.0L, however after looking forever and ordering one from arizona dyno chip: then getting screwed because they didn't deliever, i just said whatever.

I would like my car to get 220 230 at the crank if possable...dont' know if that will ever happen...or how to continue on.....any help would be great....

thanks

I just put a svt engine in the se, it bored 3 thousands over, with bigger piston, not much gain at all i would imagine. Still, looking for ways to upgrade, I still need to tune the ECU to read the changes....and suggestions.

I was going to do a 3.0L, however after looking forever and ordering one from arizona dyno chip: then getting screwed because they didn't deliever, i just said whatever.

I would like my car to get 220 230 at the crank if possable...dont' know if that will ever happen...or how to continue on.....any help would be great....

thanks

Thats crappy. Although 220-230 at the crank seems easily possible with your extensive mod list you have listed. With the boring I would be surprised if you saw 240 or 250. Make sure you get it tuned really good.

Thats crappy. Although 220-230 at the crank seems easily possible with your extensive mod list you have listed. With the boring I would be surprised if you saw 240 or 250. Make sure you get it tuned really good.

I really doubt 3 thousandths of an inch is giong to give an extra 10-20 hp.

Didnt we all have a talk with you abut interjecting bull**** you aren't sure of as solid facts?

.003 bored over????

That's not even a good deglazing hone is it. :p

Either way even if it is .030 over that is only ~4cc's. (out of ~2500) In other words that is absolutely no real change.
The question is did they put SVT pistons back in it our just put "Duratec" pistons in it. That would suck!

Back