• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe repair in SE Michigan

PTAaron

CEG'er
A few years ago when the original forum was up I got a recommendation for a shop to get my damaged subframe repaired (aussie bar ripped the mounts off the body), but I never got around to it and have been driving the car with a clunking unstable feeling rear end for a long time - car did sit for a year without being driven, but now due to problems with my other car I am forced to drive it again.

Anyway - I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good place to get the rear subframe repaired/reinforced for a reasonable cost. I am located in Macomb, MI - but I'm willing/able to drive to find a reasonable shop to get this done quickly. I need to replace my tires (driving on 3 snows and a 1 summer tire now) - and I don't want to get new tires until this is fixed and aligned.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I could do it for you but next week would be the soonest. If you need it done quicker call fast and fair in centerline And ask for rob, he is top notch

I could do it for you but next week would be the soonest. If you need it done quicker call fast and fair in centerline And ask for rob, he is top notch

+1 on fast and fair I went there once during the winter to get some work done that I just didnt want to do in the cold, extremely good prices, Rob is a cool guy too.

Try ATI Motorsports out in Wixom, they upgraded my rear subframe when they did the suspension. We've also got a great fab guy here at work that car absolutely do the job for you, drop me a PM for his number if you want.

Back