• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stuttering

Here's the upper O2 sensor, looking down onto the exhaust. (heat shield removed)

0612091858.jpg

And here's looking from under the car, passenger side where the exhaust curves around the oil pan.

0612091859a.jpg

Hope this helps. Good luck :cool:

well i got to the one on the exhaust manifold and the two pieces that snap into each other was cracked and lose. last time i checked the fuse it was fine. will update later

Mom ended up giving me money to replace both o2 sensors, even though i told her that might not be it. Got both of them replaced, and still have the check engine light problem. The fuse is fine now, so i know there is no bare wires. After i got both sensors replaced, i went to drive my car and it stuttered for a bit and since then it hasn't really done it. When i punched the gas to see how it would do, it felt like the car had shut off (cd player and all turned off), it then turned back on and i kept driving...so no idea what that could be.

Does the puter need to be reset?

Does the puter need to be reset?

When replacing the o2 sensors, does the puter need to be reset by removing the battery neg or pos terminal for 10 minutes?

I don't know what else it could possibly be. All the wires are fine, and the fuse has not blown since i replaced the sensors.

Rageeee

I just remembered something..before i replaced the o2 sensors i got the cel code read. It still read the same two codes, and i got another code..something lean. Ill try to find the print out of it.

It means unmetered air is entering the intake, causing your car to run lean. I bet if you floor the car, at high RPM you will hear a slight scratching sound, right? That's pinging from running on a lean condition. It is possible the code was a fluke due to the faulty O2 sensor, but don't take my word for it.

The car sounds good still..no scratching noises that im aware of, but will listen better when i take another joy ride.

The main problem i have now is the car losing power..

Whenever i go out next, im going to reset the computer to see if that fixes my problem

I reset the computer, and the cel went away. Drove to the ball park and let it sit for less than an hour. Turned it on and the cel reappeared. And im still having the problem of losing power. Will go sometime this week to read the codes..again.

Sorry for all the posts and double post, just want this problem fixed.

Went to autozone after work today to have my codes read..again. The 1035 code came back again..he said that it could be a fault sensor..???? salt. He reset my computer again (After i did it last night to) and said to come back in a few days if it comes back on. But this does not explain why its losing power all of the sudden..

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm having the same issues with my car, but with a P0133 code instead. My car is fussy, and sometimes it has less balls than normal (it doesn't really have any to begin with :laugh:), and bogs down and is really sluggish. I replaced the O2 sensor, but the code came back a few months later. In your case, however, your code came back IMMEDIATELY. This would indicate a circuit failure. Did you trace back the wires? If so, how far? I hate to say, but you could have wiring issues up the ying-yang and you just don't really know it yet...

i didnt check the wires out that far so ill get in the car again tomorrow. just strange i havent blown any other fuses

Back