• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Storming AGAIN!

IRingTwyce

I ROCK at bumper cars!
Graham, TX: a place so nice, they rob your house t
It seems we've been getting storms here nightly in N. Texas. Just last night, my hotel was hit by lighting. It set off every single fire alarm in the building. All 100+ rooms, all halls, all floors. Sat me bolt upright in bed at 2 am, completely screwing with my REM sleep. :mad: It was a piercing, headache inducing screech too. Did I go down and gather with others in the lobby? Hell no. As hard as it was raining, if anything had been set ablaze, it would have been promptly rained out. So I stood there for 5 minutes or so on my tiptoes holding my hand over the speaker grille. The Fire Department got there and shut if off after about 10 minutes. 10 minutes of what felt like someone stabbing me in both ears with an icepick.

So now it's raining and storming again tonight. Hard. Hopefully there won't be a repeat of the fire alarm incident. If there is, housekeeping may come in tomorrow to find a ragged hole in the wall with bare wires hanging out of it!

Back