• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stock air box gaskets

mfrdckelton

New CEG'er
I guess there is a gasket that goes in between the air box and the MAF tube. I am having one hell of a time finding one please help. I am in brighton michigan so if there is someone local cool but at this point i will pay to ship one

that could be it its hard to describe was the svt differnt from other contours? but it does sound right.

On the stock SVT airbox at least, the gasket between the flat base (MAF inlet and screen) and the body that surrounds the filter is molded onto the big end of the filter, the gasket is replaced each time you replace the filter. Was 99% sure of this just sitting here, just went out in the garage and checked.

On the stock SVT airbox at least, the gasket between the flat base (MAF inlet and screen) and the body that surrounds the filter is molded onto the big end of the filter, the gasket is replaced each time you replace the filter. Was 99% sure of this just sitting here, just went out in the garage and checked.

This is not completely correct. Yes the filter has a "seal" and that is what holds it inpace in the airbox.

On the SVT there is a mesh screen with a gasket that sits between the airbox and the maf.

On a non-SVT I don't think there is anything. And if there is its just a thin gasket.

The OP needs to identify what he has and we can go from there. I'll try to post photos of each when I get home from work.

What I have is just the air box. No gasket or seal of any Sort. but I didn't know I needed that sort of thing. I will post photos after work today. I found what I think I need in a bat catalog. I will post part number.

Do have this?
JM95190.gif

Or this?
JM95193.gif

Perhaps you/re looking for 8 or 9? Either seems to be available for about 2 sawbucks.

Start here:
http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214270

looks like you figured it out... sorry I didn't help that much on the phone... had a lot of personal problems that evening...

Back