• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

started 3l install couple of questions

art

CEG'er
hi all,
have started to remove the st24 engine, and have reached a couple of difficulties
1 how do you seperate the fuel lines from the rail
2 what is the procedure for disconnecting the gear changing cables from the gearbox, are disconnections made at the gear stick, or do you remove the housing and bracket from the gearbox
thanks

Speaking from contour experience, the fuel line you need to use a quick disconnect tool (3/8" I think). Shift cables can just be pryed of the shift tower at the trans.

i unbolted the bracket from the transmission so that i didnt have to deal with trying to reattach the cabled to the bracket. they are not exactly easy to twist and lock back into place.

thanks managed to get all apart, last time had the car out speedo stopped working, is the drive pin broken at the gearbox sensor, made from the cheapest plastic they can find and then the robbers want £106 plus vat for a few one, frauds having a laugh at our expense
any way engine out , my st 24 has an oil cooler as std, thought these were only fitted to the st200, also my beige injector connectors are the same as the orange svt ones i have
hope new engine will be dropped in in next couple of weeks

Back