• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing !!!

Yeah I'll definately be at Carlisle. Maybe this time I can get a hotel room with someone earlier so I'm not in Harrisburg for the 3rd straight year.

You know...

Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 39 minutes Total Est. Distance: 680.13 miles

...that is a long trip, but I think 430 miles is one road, I might just go...if I don't have any catastrophic problems before then...

Yup , that's just how long it takes ! I've just resigned myself to the fact that to be at Spring Zing it means a few days off work & 1,500+ miles of driving :( ... but it's worth it (I've been to a few) !

Yeah I'll definately be at Carlisle. Maybe this time I can get a hotel room with someone earlier so I'm not in Harrisburg for the 3rd straight year.

Matt, if you want to split the cost of a room again just let me know, I plan to be at Carlisle again this year

Gee, I was kinda glad it wasn't so far from me, that's what's making me go this year, if I ever get the damn misfire sorted out.:shrug: :censored: Magnecor's!

You know...

Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 39 minutes Total Est. Distance: 680.13 miles

...that is a long trip, but I think 430 miles is one road, I might just go...if I don't have any catastrophic problems before then...

it's really not that bad...when i did it for SZ 02, I actually drove out to long island first to meet up with a couple of people, and then we did the whole trip only stopping once to eat and twice for gas. then when we arrived we got right back in our cars and went out with MI CEG'ers for drinks and dinner.

it's really not that bad...when i did it for SZ 02, I actually drove out to long island first to meet up with a couple of people, and then we did the whole trip only stopping once to eat and twice for gas. then when we arrived we got right back in our cars and went out with MI CEG'ers for drinks and dinner.

It sounds ver similar to my trip to SZ-02 , except we got there & were going to dinner with the locals & didn't make a traffic light (didn't feel like chancing it) & got left behind :mad: . So we (along with the other carload of non-locals) went & got Arby's . Then we went back to the hotel & unloaded and whatnot .

Luca and Allen, which way do you guys go? I've TOLD the wife I'm going, and that's how it is.;) :laugh: . Of course she submitted to my wishes as the head of my house. He, He. Well....kinda like that. At least I'm going.:laugh: If you head across Ohio, we should do the caravan, maybe meet out side Pittsburgh. I'm about 10 minutes from the PA turnpike, so folks from Pgh could meet at my place, then we could meet up when the East Side folks roll out. Let me know.

Last edited:
Yeah, she probably will.:laugh: Can't wait to bring her to carlisle this year. I'm not too far from the I79/I80 interchange, we could meet there too. I'm getting so excited already, and it's only Dec.:laugh:

Not if your family is ALREADY tired of hearing about it. They just don't feel the same about my car as I do.:shrug: :laugh: What wierdos:laugh:

You're bringing Tammy next year to Carlisle? :cool: She'll really be sick of your car and Contours/Mystiques in general after that weekend. :D
Will your brother still coming also?

Back